Pregnancy behavior question

yinzer81

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have 2 nubians that are both due at around the end of March. They will be 2 years old in March and I've had them about 20 months. My doe Thelma is just as sweet and gentle as ever and her personality hasn't changed much since she was bred. My other doe, Louise who USE to be so sweet, and loving, has turned into a pure snot lately. She has decided she doesn't want me to touch her belly, udder, legs, hooves, or tail. She still likes me to pet her, and want attention, bu only on her terms, when and where she wants. One time she doesn't seem to mind me touching her, the next time she jumps up, twists around, and gets all cocked back like she's thinking about butting me, but then rethinks that and just gives me a nasty bleet and dirty look. She use to love, love, LOVE, getting petted and brushed all over as often and as much as you would do.
What is up with her? Is this because of the pregnancy, or has she gone nuts or matured into a spoiled snot? :/
Thanks!

cutechick2010

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Probably just the hormones. My doe gets extra snuggly when she is getting close to that time, I can tell when she is within a couple of days of going into labor because she just about wants to sit in my lap. :p She probably is sensitive about being touched because everything is more sensitive to touch right now, so it feels a little different than normal.

yinzer81

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping it might be hormones, or pregnancy touchiness...I sure hope she goes back to being herself once she kids.

cutechick2010

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm sure she will. Give her a few days for the hormones to subside and for her to adjust to motherhood, and she should be fine.