premature calf

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
memela, I am so sorry. :( Gosh...I can't even imagine. You did such a great job and did your absolute best for her. She will always have a special place in your heart. Big hugs to you! :hugs

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Aww man that sucks, I'm soo sorry!! :( :( I always hate it when we lose an animal, but it feels worse when you loose a little calf. At least you did everything you could to save her, and now you have the experience to take on another premie calf if another one should come along. :hugs

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score

This is the last pic of LuLu at her 10:00pm feeding on Saturday night.

Goatherd

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Memela, I will never forget you or LuLu and all that you both went through. You gave her more than most would ever have given in the hopes of making her life whole. I really can't tell you how badly I feel for you, but know that you are one in a million. Blessings to you and LuLu.

CESpeed

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with everyone that you are truly a special person and try to be comforted by the fact that you made Lil Lulu's short life good and happy. You deserve to be a cow mommy! You are a very good one.

Bovinity

Just born
Reaction score
Memela -- I am so sorry for your loss of LuLu. She fought a good fight and so did you!

1MrsMagoo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:hit I am so sorry your little bovine angel had to leave you so quickly. You went above and beyond trying to save her even though the odds were against you both. We were all blessed to have been a little part of LuLu's life, however short. Take care of yourself and again my condolences. :hugs

Royd Wood

Reaction score
So sorry the inevitable happened and it sounded quite promising at one point.
I take my hat off to you for trying so hard

memela

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank up all for such kind words. She would have made if she hadn' developed the mengities. the vet said he thought she would have but it had spread to far. Maybe if I'd find him sooner and got her there. I'm an animal lover so this will not be the last time I'll be on here asking questions. i have 9 boer goats that will all have their babies 1st of October. So looking foward to that. I'm so glad i found this site all of you have been a blessing to me. A Big Thank You for all your knowledge and caring.