Purplequeenvt - New Journal

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Xena is my favorite Border Leicester lamb from last spring. She’s just a nice little sheep. I looked at her fleece a few days ago and told her I needed to get her sheared so I could play with her wool and 2 days later I came out to find her walking around looking like a haystack. 🤦🏼‍♀️

It’s still very usable, it will just take longer to clean it up.

BOOBIES!!! She’s due 2/28.

You aren’t having fun unless there’s a risk of tripping over your own tongue.

The corgi is my sister’s and she has started insisting on coming outside with my dogs when I do chores. She’s “in love” with Twist (has been since she was 6 weeks old) and she’s recently started mimicking him when he’s trying to herd the ducks. It’s quite funny to watch and she does a lot of squeaking while she’s trying to move them around.

Today we played with the ducks and then my niece showed up and we spent 45 minutes kicking soccer balls around the field. Hazel chases the ball, Twist chases Hazel, and Evelyn chases Twist. Everyone gets a workout.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have an "auction site" that I frequent 😖🙄 with sleep not happening, I was trolling. There they were -- those V3 cams! 😳 4, brand new...of course I bid! 🤣 Ended up with 2 of the 4. $20 each, picking up Wed. Well, other things were attractive and I now have another new toy -- a drone. 😱 I can practice using it on the still unplanted 12 acres next door. I just wanted one to be able to "walk" my back pastures from the house -- see the animals & all. Has cameras, so pictures can happen but, I just wanted the flyover and watch technology. Zoom, zoom!! 🤣

Good deal!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You jinxed yourself telling Xena that you were going to shear her!

I’m curious. When wool has those brown ends, how does it not look splotchy? Xena is black with brown ends, does the brown show up in the yarn?

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
You jinxed yourself telling Xena that you were going to shear her!

I’m curious. When wool has those brown ends, how does it not look splotchy? Xena is black with brown ends, does the brown show up in the yarn?

The black and brown all blend together when it gets carded. I’ll try to remember to take pictures when I process the fleece.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is my birthday so I took the day off and spent a few hours shearing. I did all of the bred/supposed to be bred ewes except for 1 Border Leicester and the Shetland ewes who were sheared last fall. I also sheared Xena and Little Lizzie.

Xena is so pretty underneath her wool! Her fleece is gorgeous too. I’m about to go start washing it.

———

Evidence that Oskar is capable of being a Good Boy.

I watched out the window this morning. All the rams were being stupid, chasing each other around. Oskar only got involved a couple times and it was just to get in between sheep that were getting too rough with each other.