Question about Boy goats scenting of the beard.

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well I am coming up with a line of greeting cards using the BEAUUTIFULLLL fragrance of a buck :cool:--but not revealing it yet ;) ;):lol:

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
crazygoatlady said:
well I am coming up with a line of greeting cards using the BEAUUTIFULLLL fragrance of a buck :cool:--but not revealing it yet ;) ;):lol:
La Madame: "Sacre Bleu! Qu'est-ce que c'est? Eau de Chvre Pissent?!?!?"

Le Monsieur: "Oui OUI, mon petite fille!!!!" (..blubber, blubber, tongue waggle, paw, blubber..)

:lol:

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
hey can't you just see someone you DON'T like getting a card with a little bag containing the DELIGHTFUL fragrance of a buck like an ex husband:thumbsup
:lol: :lol:

crazy4cochins

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That's a great idea I'll take 25 cards please :)
can you make them with a christmas theme???
I got an experience, my first incounter with my little stinky pygmy covered in his own urine, let just say it was something i have never smelled before. Question, One of my bucks was a pee pee face and the other one still has not done this yet, do they go into rut cycles or something?
I am asking if they will be in rut for like months or days or weeks?
Like on and off?
Also the boys are together and the pygmy Snorticus is such a punk and is very mean to Papa. will that force PaPa to not go into rut because he is the less dominant one?
I will be asking about castrting on the behavior page look me up if
anyone can help me.Thanks

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
crazy4cochins said:
Question, One of my bucks was a pee pee face and the other one still has not done this yet, do they go into rut cycles or something?
I am asking if they will be in rut for like months or days or weeks?
Like on and off?
Once the guys go in rut, they should be in rut until rutting season's over with.

c4c said:
Also the boys are together and the pygmy Snorticus is such a punk and is very mean to Papa. will that force PaPa to not go into rut because he is the less dominant one?
If you could beat the rut out of a buck goat, I think someone would have learned tips and techniques for human replication of that little trick long ago.

:gig

It's not all that uncommon for bucks to get really aggressive and try to beat the crap out of each other during rut.. My guess is that your little PaPa will go into rut before too long, at which point you'll probably begin to have some even more interesting encounters in the buck pen.

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've started my breeding program for winter/spring kids and each of my bucks are now housed in their separate breeding pens. Sure does cut down on the in-fighting. My 3 year old buck obviously rules the roost and is like a battering ram with the younger bucks if there's a doe near. Thus, they have their very own bachelor pads until breeding season is over. Then they go back together.

Hoofprintgirl

Just born
Reaction score
If a buck is weathered and they don't get all of the testical, then yes he can and will still act bucky. They can't do the deed, but all of the obnoxious behavior is there.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
crazygoatlady said:
La Madame: "Sacre Bleu! Qu'est-ce que c'est? Eau de Chvre Pissent?!?!?"

Le Monsieur: "Oui OUI, mon petite fille!!!!" (..blubber, blubber, tongue waggle, paw, blubber..)

:lol:
:lol: Pissent? Really? My francais is a bit basic.....