Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back on line finally.

8/23 DH still feeling bad, got up around noon and said he couldn't walk. Told me to take him to ER. Took him to St. Joe's in Burbank instead of UCLA. Big mistake. 8 hours later the ER doc showed me his chest x-ray with pneumonia clouding up half of one side. They decided to keep him in the hospital. At 2am still waiting for a room, the ER doctor asked if they had done a Covid test. I said no. Covid test adinistered. DH sent me home at 2:30am. Next day he said the test showed he had Covid. Also partially collapsed lung with pneumonia. By now I was sick too. Took a Covid test Saturday and it was positive. I took some Ivermectin with OJ. DH said they had him on ritonavir for Covid and antibiotics for pnemonia. On Sunday DH said they were going to keep him several more days. He insisted I come to ER for Covid meds. :gigDD2 brought me to St. Joe ER where after 4 hours they hooked me up to an IV. They were teaching the Fire Department paramedica how to do it. I now have 4 bruises the size of lemons. Several hours later an ER doctor wnatered in and checked the fluids. He was surprised the bag was still full. OOPS! The nurse had forgotten to open the valve to allow the fluids to go into my body. Now I had bruises and no fluids! :rolleyes: I asked about Covid drugs for my Covid. No answer from doctor. At 6 pm they asked where my ride home was. I told them my daughter had to go home to take care of her kids. They said to have her come back since I had been discharged. DD2 returned and was told that I had not been discharged yet. I sent her home again. At 8 pm they said all the paperwork had been filled out so I called her to come back. LIES!!! No paperwork had been filled out yet. She had to wait while the paperwork was filled out. I came home atound 9:30 pm and took a 6ml dose of Ivermectin then went to bed. For the next 5 days I staggered out on my came (which I had not been using before Covid) and took 6mls of Ivermectin am and pm. While DH was in the hospital he wanted my laptop so he could do some money stuff. DD2 took my computer to him. He said St. Joe was keeping him until Wednesday. I was unable to set it back up until today. On Monday he called and said St, Joe was sending him home. DD2 went to get him. No meds or paperwork came with him. I slept for most of the followig week which annoyed DH who wanted me to take care of him. I was not even able to get out of bed without the cane! 10 days later he had a cardio test on Tuesday and after that went to UCLA Urgent care. They gave him a prescription for some cough pills. While he was there I got a call from St Joe about his care. I complained about everything and I told her that no prescription or instructions had come home with him. She looked it up and was very upset, said she would file a complaint, and he should go to his own doctor asap. Her paperwork did not mention the pneuonia or collapsed lung! Also did not mention what drugs they had given him in the hospital. Made an appoitment for him asap. On Thursday we went to that doctor who heard crackling the lung and sent him to x-ray since St. Joe had not supplied any medical records. He now has an appointment with the pulmonologist on Thursday to read that xray and check on the pneumonia.

What a mess! No PT for last 3 weeks due to Covid.

DS1 has been working on the water lines ad electric lines in TX. I asked how my plants that he had planted were doig nd appparently the sgardener mosed them all off. DS1 asked how he had not seen them, and the gardener said to take the cost out of his ay which I will! $150 worth of plants mowed off! How could he not see them? They were blooming and about 18-24" tall along the fenceline! DS1 said he ran out to tell him before he mowed but was too late. :somad

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
SO SORRY for all the stuff happening... and all the BS.... and the gardener is obviously not a gardener... just a lawn mower??? :somad:somad:somad:somad:somad:somad:somad:somad:duc:duc:duc:duc:duc:he:he:he:he🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Hoping that you will both get to feeling better. I think you need to get out of CA and back to TX... you can do PT in TX.... and you need to be where there is less stress and upset and kids and all that... You need quiet and some real rest.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good to see you back. What cluster that hospital was. We've got a hospital down here like that - we all avoid it. Soo sorry you both had to deal with them. TX will not be here soon enough for you guys.
Than the mower guy "gardener" :somad
Quiet, rest and fresh air on your menu.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was very strict with the nurses and DH - DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO GIVE DH ANY MEDS TO KNOCK HIM OUT!

Was able to get in touch with Diane Stephens - Boxer breeder - and she knows of 2 litters in process of being bred. One is hers and the other a friend's. DS2 and DS3 very happy since they have both been wanting to get a Boxer puppy. DS2 would be happy to get two but thinks that getting one now and another from the next litter would be easier. He needs 2 since the coyotes are so bad here.

DS1 and DD2 went out and loaded her heavy furniture in the trailer yesterday. They have more boxes to load today. I had her give me all the clothes she was laundering and packed them in boxes. Then she brought in a lot of stuff from the Connex that was not packed properly - just in bags and open top boxes. I packed those items too. 20 new packing boxes now in house, and 2 large plastic bins. Other sealed packing boxes still in Connex to be loaded. Trip to Texas will be set off about a week because of DH's new pulmonologist appointment.

We have decided to wait for a sofa until we can go to Palm Springs after all since the new sofa I wanted has been sold out at Costco. Our double Covid illness prevented us from getting it while it was in stock. We will wait now and save up more money for one. We may be able to find something better in Palm Springs in November. Possibly even a small sectional. No rush since we will not be back in Texas to sit on it until mid November due to DH's med appointments and cataract surgery. :gig
I will also plant more shrubs when I go back and more fruit trees. I am considering taking the 32' metal portable garden fencing with me to protect any new shrubs from the blind gardener! I m wondering if we could buy a ride on mower cheaper than paying this guy. He is not the same guy who we had originally. Nice guy but can't have him mowing off all my shrubbery!

DS1 is installing a filter on the well. It is a sediment filter specially made for wells. He is hoping it will filter out the stuff that is making the water red and nasty so the sheep will drink it. We will eventually put in a new well but if the filter works, this well will continue to do for the livestock until we can afford to dig a new well. :) Since Weldman refuses to return to Texas, we will have to find someone else to dig it. DS1 and DH don't think our 42" auger and a couple of shovels will do the trick! :lol::lol::lol:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
The filter DS1 installed on the well did not work as well as he hoped. Needs to get a better one. However, he was able to estimate the well at 10 gpm, which is more output than the city water. LOL

PT today and was sad to see that I have lost ground on my knee due to the Covid and no PT for 3 weeks. Hopefully I will get it back. I was sad to find out from Bay that the past 3 weeks of weakness from Covid is normal and I can look forward to several more months of being tired before I am completely recovered even though I was only sick for a week or so. :mad:

The trailer is loaded. DH, DD2, and Annabel will leave on Friday morning. Funeral tomorrow for Msgnr. Larkin. He has done many of our religious ceremonies over the past years for our family, from bringing DH into the church, baptisms, First Communions, weddings and funerals. He was almost 90. A dear man who has gone to his reward in heaven.

Erick said he may have found a male Anatolian that he would approve as a breeding for our girls. He would be an outcross which is what we need since the line is getting pretty close. He is an excellent livestock guardian and has excellent conformation. The only thing against him as far as Erick is concerned is that he is a brindle. LOL Some brindle Anatolian imports have had poor temperaments, much sharper than desired and often other problems. Erick says this boy seems to be pretty good and is a light brindle which eans that any brindle pup would fade. We will have to see. We won't be ready to breed for about another year - have to do the OFA stuff at age 2 years first. If Erik still likes him, then he may be a good candidate for Ozel when she is 3.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love brindles, but I’ve never had one. Buford was almosta brindle, he has blue under fur on sides and belly. There were brindles in his litter and one parent is brindle. Both of his parents were friendly, the family had teenagers and lots of kids coming and going, so any aggression was not tolerated.

You might not have the weakness for very long, every one is different and the Covid has weakened. So go to PT and do your work to get better and back on your feet!