Ridgetop - our place and how we muddle along

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Erick told me he lost 25 GROWN GOATS. And look how long he’s been raising and culling hard.
:ep Wow! That is a massive loss! And prices on goats and sheep are high to replace. It has been a hard year everywhere with parasites.

I am hoping that next year we will be better and the sheep will acclimate to Texas. I am not opposed to worming with chemical wormers like some people, however I don't want to set up a resistance in the parasites. We wormed with Ivermectin when we first arrived and before we left CA. Now he wormed wth Cydectin for Barber Pole. May have to set up a worming routine. O sm hping tht rotting the sheep to dofferent areas of pastures frequently will be more hepful in keeping the worms down.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH is finally home. :weee

Went to Lowes finally and got some joint compound to start filling nail holes and cracks before painting. I am not sure if I will paint the rooms before Christmas but esnt the wals prepped. Also got a scrubber/squeegee to do the windows. They are pretty dirty and I might as well wash them now. Bought 5 plants to plant in the garden to spruce it up. I am very bored right now and want to get to working on something!

DS1 is leaving tomorrow afternoon to meet his friend Leen and Leen's girlfriend in New Orleans for 2 days. They want to have good seafood, go to a jazz club and St Thomas cemetary. He said they will not be out late at night and will stay together. He will be eaving for Yantis early on Sunday since lLeen and girlfriend are flying to Galveston to take a cruise.

DS is peeved since the sheep apparently knocked over a section of the electric netting to get to the Bahia pasture. For the past several months they have avoided the Bahia like it is poisonous. Now that the electric netting is up they decided that they MUST eat Bahia! But did they go around through the open area? NO! They knocked down the netting and broke a couple of the strands. DS1 said that a repair kit was included with the rlls f netting so h will repair ii when he returns. He said they might have been trying to rub on it and is looking forward to the surpriseo n their faces when he electrifies it with the new charger! I will have to tel him to take a video. :gig