SageHill Ranch Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yup a handheld trimmer
:bow

Tax deduction....he's got more $ than good sense, so establish new grove as write off. Maybe the grove is a partnership of multi people.
Quite possible. The very rich have ways to "lose" money (without losing money) so they don't have to pay taxes.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tax deduction....he's got more $ than good sense, so establish new grove as write off. Maybe the grove is a partnership of multi people. 🤷 Rest of us would be out babying those old trees and adding new in sections 😂
Thinking or maybe, because it's a "new" variety there's an incentive $$ back to plant??

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
More money than sense, exactly what I was thinking!

Zo did so good! Yep, you got to get him up and more training. Do you have a female for puppies? Or just Zo and Obi?
I've got two girls - Ree and Twinnie -- Twinnie has a couple issues so I won't breed her. Ree is possible and ok with either Zo or Obi. She's 4 so there's that too.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
How come Ree and Twinnie don’t go work sheep with you? Pictures of them?
Ah ❤️ you @Baymule - addressing the elephant in the room 😊😉.
I do use Ree to do simple chores and some sorting. She will work, but I feel there is an underlying lack of confidence when she needs to get in tight places. We’ve worked and worked on it, but she just can’t work into tight areas no matter how much we build confidence. Ree is a great detection dog though.
Twinnie is another story. She is not the sharpest crayon in the box. Though she shows good instinct. I have worked with her in the arenas and she does well - but that could also be a lot of my handling and instinctually knowing where to be and what to do. I suspect she may have confidence issues in tough places.
Ree is on the left, Twinnie on the right
Both are Laekenois- but Twinnie does not have the proper coat (and she is not a Malinois, though she may look like it).
IMG_0504.jpeg