saw first angora

Kenneth Flippen

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
went to one of our local auctions last night saw Angora buck in person for the first time I really struggled with not buying him he was registered but I didn'tlook at the papers the guy wanted $225 for him and came down to $175 I think the bid ran up to $160 he called no sale not sure why they couldn't work it out but I'm not sure what angoras sell for myself it amazed me at how attractive they are.

Kenneth Flippen

puredelite

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Raised them for a while but has been years ago. They are not quite as hardy as most goats, they do best in a very dry climate( think Texas) Of course they have to be sheared once or twice a year too. Kenneth- Where was the sale that you saw him? I live 'bout 45 min. from Dobson up in Carroll Co. Va.

Kenneth Flippen

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
N. Wilksboro they have it every Friday Night at 6:30 I just about had to sit on my hands when the guy said he would take $175 if it had been a doe I probably would be posting pics. but adding fiber spinning to milking chores could be alot to take on. I don't know if it was because he hadn't been sheared or just how his coat grew but it looked like he had dread locks all but touching the ground he was very clean looking

Kenneth Flippen