Scottish Blackface

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Another set of twins this morning....(ewe lambs). Sorry no photos yet....I'll try and get some this weekend. I've had 5 ewes produce 9 lambs so far....not a bad record. Once one starts...they all start lambing..... Going to have many for sale....esp..ram lambs....great for crossbred program.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I know nothing about sheep but I love the look of those. Maybe someday when I have time........

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They are a great breed....I had a big ram lamb born yesterday.....he may be a keeper...out of one of my best ewes. He looks like a little bull and not a sheep. I hope everyone else is getting some nice lambs this season....:) Happy Lambing!!!!

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My best friend said he may come over this weekend and help me take some lamb photos...I want to get some close-ups. This new ram lamb is a little "porker"....for a Scottish Blackface.

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Always nice to get a keeper no matter what livestock you raise, haha. Well, I'm excited for you since I don't have my own sheep (yet).

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Another set of twins..(ram/ewe) from my ewe..."Twinkle"....born this morning. Twelve lambs born so far....5 ewe lambs and 7 rams. Five sets of twins and two singles from 7 ewes...not too bad percentage wise.

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Up to 19 lambs born so far.....12 rams and 7 ewes.....8 sets of twins and 3 singles.....trying to figure out my new digital camera to take baby pictures...soon will try and post some.

DaveK

Just born
Reaction score
Rusty, any black lambs this year? I would think an adult black in this breed would look almost other worldly. just magnificent.

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi Dave, No Black so far....a couple have a few spots though. I'm up to 22....14 ram lambs and 8 ewe lambs. I still have to figure out this new camera for some lamb photos.