Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yikes! That's nasty....does Buford have any marks on him?
Honestly I just took a Quick Look at him. I about to go out and feed dogs and I’ll give him a good go over. He sometimes has tooth marks from both Sheba and Sentry, usually just a skinned place.

If it was a fight between them, I find it interesting that Buford went for Sentry’s bad leg. I’ve taken Sentry out twice and went in the gate. Buford was all wiggly and glad to see Sentry. Are we still friends?

Eh probably not. The next fight could be much worse and I’m not willing to risk it.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was just wondering because when my ES girls fight they end up with injuries on their face, neck and front legs. They fight so often and so bad that I never, and I mean NEVER, let them be together anymore. It's awful because they used to love to run and play together. Bitch fights are real! They will even fight through their crates and I have the damaged metal crates to prove it. :(

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cow panel pens with half cow panel gates. I think @Mini Horses just found the culprit. Thank you.

Sentry is in his dog crate. In the scorching heat of summer, he is delighted to run to the back door and come in to get in the dog crate. And when he had his hip surgery he had to be crated for several weeks. So, he knows the routine. He has to be crated now for Carson’s safety.

Carson’s towel he lays on is usually in the living room floor. He wouldn’t lay on it last night, for hiding from Sentry behind my recliner. So I moved the towel between the living room and kitchen, in the walkway, but Carson is happy with where it is.

Tried to give him his medicine last night. Nope. Not having it. Spit it out. Couldn’t force him to take it, so I offered him a capsule. He politely took it and dropped it. I offered his pain pill and he backed up away from it. What to do?

I placed each capsule on a small piece of bread and mashed it around the capsule. Then I rolled it bacon grease and offered him the delicacy. Small enough that he simply swallowed it. Done.

No cone on Sentry. He starts to lick his wound and I calmly tell him no and he stops. He’s not obsessive about it, probably in a few days, he’ll ignore it.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why do they make dog meds so dang big? It would cost me nearly an entire hotdog to break a pain pill in quarters and hide it in hot dog slot. And about that … how on earth do they swallow the meat and still manage to spit the pill out after? It’s like magic!!
I bet if I asked Mr Potamus, he could have tied a cherry stem with his tongue…

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Add in (and I've always been able to get pills down and swallowed in all of my dogs since I was old enough to do it) - why do the insist that dog pills have to be flavored and chewable??? That NEVER EVER has worked for any of mine. I have to break them up and do the swallow routine. I think they may them like that for Labs.

Latest posts