Shawnee kidded twin mahogany bucks :(

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm really excited to see what she pops out! He really is something to look at! Cant wait for the pictures!

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
I guess technically I should be saying I want DAPPLES, since he's dappled, not spotted...but most people call all the 'different' color patterns "spotted"....

Her dad is a BL/WH paint, I'd even take a paint doe who carries the dappled gene....but MAN do I want one that looks like him AND is a girl AND is a fullblood.

Oh please oh please oh please...I'll be good...I'll feed her cookies every night...I will do my chores on time...etc. etc. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

(Totally jinxing myself, probably...)
Side question...
So how do you tell the difference between dalmation, spotted, dappled and ticked? They all kinda look the same to me.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I dunno about the dalmation...or ticked....never seen that used in ref. to boer color.

Dappled is irregular shaped patches of color (sort of like a brindle)...spots are round...moonspots are a lighter spot on a dark background.
Then there's leopard spots...which are sort of hard (for me) to tell from dapples when they're young. I'm still not sure how Freeney's going to turn out, he was moon spotted and dappled at birth, but that's disappearing as he ages...he will probably end up 'just' dappled. He's the kid in my avi pic.

You can read more here:
http://maxboergoats.com/dappledandspotted.php

Goatherd

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Talk about breath taking! There's no way you're going to get traditional colored kids from that breeding. Mother Nature wouldn't do that to you!

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
To make it more interesting....I have tickets to see Trace Adkins 2.5 hrs away on the 24th. Most of my boer does go late on or the day after their due dates.
I really wrestled w/ what to do...cancel going...induce her labor 1 day early...take my chances.... :idunno

Hey, you'll be coming to our fair if you go to the concert! :) He is playing in Valpo on the 24th. We don't have tickets though (too bad-we saw brad Paisley there a few years ago and it was awesome).
Can you really induce labor? I think I'd want to be there for the babies, just in case there was any trouble but if she has lidded before without problems, I'd go to the concert and see if you can just get a friend or neighbor to check in on her for you.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
She was sold bred, to him...but I looked at her site today and he is for sale for 2 grand. For what I paid for her, I coulda almost bought him...and wish I'd have known she was going to sell him b/c I would have.

ASHS boer goats is her site, if anyone wants to see...His dad is mighty impressive, too...Fu Manchu.