Shawnee kidded twin mahogany bucks :(

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
If you'd take him as a bottle baby, come 'n get him....I'm talking to the breeder about buying Kung Fu Panda and need the money, LOL
BYH discount price - $400.00 ea.

amyquilt

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
OH how I would love to buy the first born little fella!!!! He would have to be flown, though. I would also have to convince hubby. Does anyone know what age is the youngest you can ship a goat on Continental airlines?

Also, if I get him, can you de-horn him before shipping?

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll - I'm sorry. That bites. Mom and healthy babies is a good thing but I can just imagine the disappointment when we were all expecting lots of spots. She must have overheard something about spotted babies - ya know, Doe Code and all.

Good news, though - girls night out this weekend, right? I hope you have a great time at the concert and you're able to drown your sorrows a bit!

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Nope, they're just red. They look like every other red kid I've seen.
:(
I dunno about that, Rollsy.. I see some darker blotches on there -- could be birth wetness goo or whatever -- but my most colorful doe started as red/brown with slightly darker brown spots and ended up tan with cream spots as an adult.. When she was just a few months old, you could run your hand backward through her coat and she was a *completely different color* in her undercoat.. When that grew out fully, well...um...she was kinda like a photo negative of what she used to look like, if that makes sense.

These bucks could pull a stunt like that.. Those darker blotches look awfully familiar to me!

:fl

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Sorry about the disappointment-they are still cutie pies! How big is are they full grown, say compared to a Lamancha?

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I would second letting them totally dry off and waiting a day or three and seeing what they look like in good strong daylight. That second buck really looks like he'll have other colors coming through.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Both of them seem to have some black spotting. They are both good looking babies either way. Too bad they have danglies.

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
When she was just a few months old, you could run your hand backward through her coat and she was a *completely different color* in her undercoat.. When that grew out fully, well...um...she was kinda like a photo negative of what she used to look like, if that makes sense.
I've had a couple kids by our chocolate buck do that too. Most recently we had a kid born a dark chocolate chammie and now at 3 months she's cream and dark gold (where her black shading would be if she was a regular chammie.) At birth you almost couldn't tell she was anything except a regular broken chammie except I *know* most of the kids from my chocolate buck that look black at birth are going to be chocolate so I'm already looking for it.

Sorry Roll! I know that's a major disappointment for ya. :(

doxiemoxie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
well, bugger.
..but I CANNOT get colostrum from one side. It's like nothing's there.
Wondering if she had a 'bum udder' and that's why she was sold.
I hate when people won't be honest about the animal they're selling. Then you have to wonder if she was actually bred to the buck they said she was, etc. etc. etc.

I am happy that the birthing went well and the animals are healthy other than that udder. I am sorry that this is a "trifecta" of disappointment. May you find joy and spots soon.

Latest posts