Should I assist? HELP!!!

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Single buck kids tend to be larger than twins, and harder for smaller does to get out.
There've only been 2 kids I couldn't get out in many years of helping, one was a 6# pygmy and the other a 12# Oberhasli x Togg buckling.

Keep the Pen G up for at least 7 days, watch for any 'abnormal' discharge (chunky, greenish, or stinky) and a B vitamin shot wouldn't hurt. Make sure she's UTD on CD/T.

Sorry you lost the boy. FWIW, I never let a doe go longer than 1 hr w/ out going in and checking things out. I learned that one the hard way.

Sounds like you're doing a fine job w/ mama, though.:)

paynemom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Pretty good! I am giving her the pen g still, and she is up and eating and seems to be doing well.i am still watching her closely for an infection or uterine tear.really hoping she pulls through!

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awww, so sorry this happened, I had the same thing this past winter, a doe had triplets and the first one came out ok with pulling, but the other two were all twisted up, it was a mess. They were both dead, and she died later that night, just too much trauma for her. At least Molly is up and eating, I think maybe with the pen g she will be ok, as far as re breeding, who knows. She might have some scar tissue after this, or she just might be ok with the penicillin.