2659_goatsflowers_509.jpg

2659_goatsflowers_506.jpg

2659_goatsflowers_511.jpg

2659_goatsflowers_510.jpg

Ida's:
2659_goatsflowers_507.jpg

2659_goatsflowers_505.jpg

2659_goatsflowers_514.jpg

Can you see the brown spots on him? Are these "moonspots"?
2659_goatsflowers_508.jpg

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Maggie's little one looks a lot like Oreo. The white in the middle of his body. Oreo has his right front foot and back left foot are white and the other two legs are black. Oreo has a white spot on his chin. SO cute aren't they?

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oreo is a cute name---but I'm rying to keep from naming them as they are going to be sold. I'm afraid my Hubby is already getting attached to the little agouti. I can't have any more bucks, and wethers just don't contribute to the feed fund. :rolleyes:

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I understand that, not naming them. It is hard not to get attached. My Hubby stays away from the goat area, he is afraid of getting to attached since I said awhile back about selling a couple. Today I am getting another little doeling. All I know is that she is 4 months old. My daughter is getting her for me for Mother's Day as a surprise sort of. There are two at the place she is going so I am not sure which one she will be getting me. A solid black with a little white or the brown black and white one. I told her I would leave it up to her. Lets see what the hubby has to say now about the feed bill. This will be my 4 th goat. Bought 2, one had a baby three weeks ago and now I am getting another one today. Might be living in the barn with the goats after today :lol:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you too, Mitransplant!

Does your Hubby know about G.A.S. (Goat Addiction Syndrome)? Mine has learned about it firsthand! We started out with 3 babies a couple years ago, and are now up to 9 goats----not counting the 2 new babies!! We also have 4 "adult" PBPs, 5 piglets (more on the way), who knows how many chickens, 4 (soon to be 5) dogs, 7 cats, a macaw and a lizard! Our feed bill is ridiculous, but I guess it's not bigger than my Hubby's love for me. :love

Congrats on your new little doe----you HAVE to post pics! There is a year-old doe near me that I would have loved to have gotten for mother's day, but I'm getting a chihuahua puppy instead! (Wasn't planning on getting another dog at all, but one of my student's mom's chihuahua had puppies a few weeks back, and one little female looks exactly like the daddy----brown and black.

I had been saying I was going to take the daddy home on my bus all year, and when this puppy was born, the lady said she told everyone it was my puppy! The funniest part of it is that when she brought the puppy out to my bus (at 2 weeks old), she said, "This is Lady Bug." I said, "You've got to be kidding me!" When she asked why, I told her that I had picked that name out over a year ago when I was thinking of getting a little female chihuahua! It was meant to be!!

So, Lady Bug will be coming home with me on the last day of school----June 5th. Hubby took a lot of convincing, but I told him a chihuahua isn't a DOG, it's an ACCESSORY!
She will look adorable next to my little white and tan male chihuahua, Skeeter (he is fixed and she will be too).

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
NO, hubby doesn't know about G.A.S. But I think he is going to learn FAST. LOL I will post pictures as soon as I get her and she adjusts to the other three goats, 33 chickens, 9 rabbits and 4 ducks. (2 cats and a dog) Should be later today, if she is 4 months old she should be used to some noises. Hubby gave me the speech on Friday about how the goats and other animals aren't paying their way yet. Some of the chickens are but that is it. It is my hobby so he can't complain to much or I would stay in the house and make him VERY miserable! LOL

My dad got me a "little"chihuahua about 11 years ago but she didn't stay little. She loves to eat and used those pretty little eyes and taught herself to sit pretty so you would give her just a LITTLE bite. Over 10 pounds now. She has an allergy to something, we think fleas. She will scratch and bite till she is raw and then bleed so I won't let her on the carpet anymore. I go for the runts no matter what. They are the under dogs so they need the TLC I can give them. I need to run a shelter or something but then I don't know if I could part with any of them. Told hubs that when he was gone (dead) that I was going to take in all kinds of animals. He just laughed and said I had to wait till he was really gone. lol

Isn't that strange how things happened. You picking out that name and them bringing you the puppy to see and calling her Lady Bug. YOU HAVE to get her. It is fate or what ever you want to call it but she is meant to be your dog. June isn't that far away. YOU have to post pictures as well. Can't wait to see them. Love looking at everyone's babies no matter what they are. Waiting for June........

I will post pictures though later.

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Meet Willow. The people had already named her this but my daughter before she knew it wanted to name her Willow since she drove to Willow Springs to get her. I think she is cute and nice and small like I like. My other two does (almost a year and 2 years old) started to chase her and head but her. I took her and put her in the pen and now she is out there crying. Her dad and brother were MEAN to her from what my daughter told me. I wouldn't be surprised to find her pregnant since she was running loose with the two males. DUMB people. Oh forgot to mention she is a pygmy.

3514_000_1261.jpg

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She is just beautiful! The goats I have are all Pygmy or Nigerian Dwarf---I'm planning on crossing some of them. The doe that I've been thinking of buying is an ND, but is colored a lot like Willow. Hopefully she didn't get pregnant by her dad or brother, but pretty likely. If she is, her kidding may be rough on her since she's so young. I'm glad she's with you now. :)

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
THANK YOU. I am glad she is out of that abusive situation as well. Hope she isn't but if she is I will watch her like a hawk for a while. Oreo has already tried mounting her and he is only three weeks old. About tired himself trying to catch her. Oreo and his mother are ND as well as Nutmeg so I have three ND and one pygmy. Hubby still doesn't know I have her. He is SO observant! The only thing he might complain about is the food bill so I will keep her hidden for a few days. He doesn't go down to the barn much and hardly ever in the goat area. Might go out into the fenced off area but she is in the barn. He might hear her crying though. She doesn't know why she is penned up. With Oreo being black and white and her white, gray, and black, I think their babies would be really cute. Can't wait to see what happens.

Don't forget to post your new additions pictures when you get her. :D