Sweetened's 2016 kidding thread

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am in awe of Daisy's twins. When the doeling was born, she wasnt on the ground 30 dlseconds and she was trying to get her feet under her, within a minute she was standing and within 5 she was on the hunt for a boob - the buckling as well. Their ears are already perky and firm, theyre playing, bellies are always full.

Mable was nothing like this. Though improving, her ears are still firming up, shes still weak on her feet and a careful, slow, mustard pooping little bugger. The difference is marked.

I stated yesterday the buckling was white with some cream colour -- he is pure, snowy white.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Isn't it awesome when it goes right?! So glad they're doing well....and hoping that Mabel will come around.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Marble will be better soon.
Those two are impressive and very cute

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not yet. Considering Winnifred for the doeling, but want something softer. Trying to match an older name with Sven for the buckling, since hes going to be a mini version of him lol. Klaus was mentioned, but undecided.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awww..... they are so cute. I am glad you got such precious twins, they are beautiful.

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We like to look for names online, like Google "Scandinavian names/words" or "German names/words". That's how we got our male Pit's name. Just read out a few German nouns, and chose the only one he responded to. His name is Kartoffel (Toff for short) and it means potato, which is sort of appropriate since he's such a lazy-butt. Also, since he's brindled, DH thinks he looks like a fresh dug russet! :p

You sound a lot better. Having those twins and little Mable seems to be working some magic. Goatie magic is good stuff. :hugs

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
still praying for Mable. Glad all is going well with the twins. Cuddles with baby goats makes for good healing power.

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
No progress on Poplar.

Twins are doing well despite the cool weather.

Mable has vastly improved over the last 12 hours. While she still has goopy mustard poop still this morning, there were some mustard coloured berries left in the kennel last night, which is a nice sign. Over night, she cleaned herself up and this morning she is walking better than she ever has. She did a but twirl skip at the dog and then laid back down.