Taking Orders- High % Spanish Meat Bucklings- Corryton, TN

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
FOR SALE: 2 high % Spanish herdsires which have Koy Ranch and Sawyer Spanish breeding.

Buck #1 is 4 months old, weighs approx. 60lbs. and is already capable of breeding. He is a twin and comes from a doe who has kidded twins nearly every time. He is a black, brown, and white flashy paint buck who's long bodied, thick muscled, and comes to you vaccinated, dewormed, hooves trimmed, USDA tagged, and ready to hit the ground breeding for Winter/ Spring kids.

Buck #2 is 4 months old, weighs approx. 65lbs. and is already capable of breeding. He is a twin and comes from a doe who has kidded twins nearly every time. He is black and mocha colored buck who's long bodied, thick muscled, and comes to you vaccinated, dewormed, hooves trimmed, USDA tagged, and ready to hit the ground breeding for Winter/ Spring kids.
$400 each

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are about 250 miles from you but I already had your site bookmarked for when we are set up next year. You have some nice looking stock.

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just had more Spanish babies today. We had a set of twin does 75% Spanish (Sawyer Spanish X Koy Ranch Spanish) and 25% Alpine. Both of these little girls born to a 1st time momma. This makes 5 babies in 2 days (3 boys and 2 girls). The twin does are marked up like Black and Tan Coonhounds. Still got several does waddling around ready to pop. Hopefully, all kids will hit the ground by the end of next week. Pics hopefully to come this weekend.

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
060.JPG
We had more babies over the weekend 75% Spanish (Koy/ Sawyer) and 25% Kiko. We are still awaiting the only Koy doe bred for Spring babies we still have some dairy/ Spanish cross does to kid bred to our Koy herdsire. Hopefully everyone will kid by this weekend and I can breathe a big sigh of relief even though the Spanish cross does and their high % kids require no assistance at all. We have never had to assist any aspect of kidding since making the switch to Spanish and never had an orphaned kid or bottle baby either. Spanish newborns are up looking for their 1st meal within 15 mins of being born, and the Spanish mommas take care of their kids and are VERY protective of their babies. They are notorious for kidding out in the brush. We should have a small starter herd of high % Spanish does and a high % Spanish herdsire or maybe a pure Koy. We are still trying to build our herd and by next year should be in good shape. I just attached a few pics of our high % Spanish bucklings all 3 bucklings will be for sale. They have Koy Ranch and Sawyer Spanish breeding and will make excellent herdsires for dairy cross does or to cross with Boers to add hybrid vigor and parasite resistance.
:thumbsup

Attachments

• 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are about 250 miles from you but I already had your site bookmarked for when we are set up next year. You have some nice looking stock.
Hey, we are about to finish up kidding season next week and have several herdsire prospects. They should be weaned by May/June 2015. We have a few 3/4 Spanish 1/4 Kiko commercial bucklings, some hi % Spanish herdsires (Koy Ranch X Sawyer Spanish) all with interesting coloring (tri-colored, flashy paints, and some tri-colored with spots) guaranteed to be very low maintenance and parasite resistant. We may also have a few Koy Ranch herdsires available. We will also have a few of our Spaniko and Spanubian does available as well. We are located 5 miles north of Knoxville, TN and about 190 miles east of Nashville and about 80 miles west of Asheville, N. Carolina. I will post some pics soon. We do accept deposits if you see a goat you like. Call me @ 865-322-1627 for more details, message me on Facebook @ Calfee Farms or email me @ ninjanurse@comcast.net .
P.S. The herdsire is the black spanish goat that's my Avatar.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
My schedule isn't where I thought it would be as we won't be there till September the way it looks now. I'm interested in seeing how the Spanubians turn out for you.

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yea
My schedule isn't where I thought it would be as we won't be there till September the way it looks now. I'm interested in seeing how the Spanubians turn out for you.
Yeah me too. As far as I can tell, the 50/50 cross looks just like a Nube in every way including the pendulous ears except they have a wider back all the way down their spine and are a lot more broad chested and I guess more of a meat goat conformation all around. They are still long legged though like a thoroughbred horse. I can't wait to see what the 3/4 Spanubian kids look like. Guess I'll find out either this weekend or early next week. If you are interested in any goats, give me a shout.
:thumbsup:fl

Latest posts