Tall Boots

Paintlover24

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I was wondering for those who ride English what do you use to break in a new pair of tall boots.

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Um...I used to ride my bike in them LOL And just plain riding a lot in them.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Ugh. Last pair of very tall dressage boots I broke in I had to put washcloths in them behind my knees until they broke down enough not to chafe the back of my knees. I did stuff around the house in them, doing lots of deep-knee bends and squatting....ouch! I didn't want to use them a lot on the cement barn aisle and gravelly areas around the barn, where they would wear out too quickly. Them suckers is expensive! :rolleyes:

Paintlover24

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Ugh. Last pair of very tall dressage boots I broke in I had to put washcloths in them behind my knees until they broke down enough not to chafe the back of my knees. I did stuff around the house in them, doing lots of deep-knee bends and squatting....ouch! I didn't want to use them a lot on the cement barn aisle and gravelly areas around the barn, where they would wear out too quickly. Them suckers is expensive! :rolleyes:
Very true. I am hoping to have these broke in by August 1st because I have horse show. This is also the first pair of all leather tall boot because last pair I was on my mom's budget so I got a pair of synthetic leather tall boots which I still have and they are still good condition but I could not pass up a 30% discount on these tall boots.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Good grief, you'd better also shower and sleep in them! :D

eta: you know I'm kidding, right? ;)

Paintlover24

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Good grief, you'd better also shower and sleep in them! :D

eta: you know I'm kidding, right? ;)
Yes, I am just excited that I was able to afford them!! But I just do not want to be miserable at that horse show. :D