Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
A little bit of 24D goes a long way but I've never seen a small container of it. We buy it at the CO-OP or our little feed store but CO-OP is cheaper. You will also need to get a surfactant (wetting agent, usually found on the same shelf). I have used Dawn detergent in a pinch and it seemed to work as well.

Two ounces of the 24D per gallon has worked for everything I have used it on and one ounce of the surfactant.

Edit to add that TSC also carries it or at least they do here.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were hoping for some more rain today but it all fizzled out so I cut some of the outer lanes instead of watching it rain. We need to start thinking about a trip to the market in the next week or so to avoid a repeat of the OOPs lambing event.

This lambing obviously did not go as planned but it's working out in spite of the horny ram lambs. All of the ewes that have lambed have been getting feed ever since they lambed and in good condition. According to Oshi's reaction when they get close enough to him to get a good scent, the ewes will be cycled back with him so our schedule won't be too far off from our norm.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our forecast for the last three days has been about 50% chance of rain and radar has shown small storm cells all over out part of the state. I have been wanting to go out and do some spot spraying but hesitated because of the possible rain. This afternoon about 3:00, I said the heck with the forecast and took the sprayer out to the field. Of course, about 5 minutes after I started spraying, it started pouring down.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well if THATS all you had to do to get rain, you should’ve sprayed sooner! LOL
I’ve had chance of rain for weeks. Hopeful but nothing, I was glad to get the half inch I got yesterday. I’m getting my front fence row sprayed Monday. Supposed to be 3 days of sunshine. I take that back-now it shows 60% chance of rain! AAARRGGHH! How am I supposed to kill 40 years of wild growth if I can’t get a couple of clear days? And temps are hitting 100. Great. Just ‘effing great. I start roofing the house on Saturday.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
This post is a bit different than what I usually post but we were sitting here watching a live stream and trailer for a film that Jim Caviezel (from The Passion of Christ) is putting out starting the 4th of July we actually have tickets for the 3rd. This film is about human trafficking and is titled Sound of Freedom. The film is doing advance sales and if there is an interest, tickets can be purchased at angel.com. The web site is easy to use and is pretty intuitive about moving around for tickets.

I have no personal ties to the movie or it's makers but I do have an interest in the millions of people of all ages that have been and continue to be trafficked.