Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is your shoulder socket gone? Or is there arthritis in your shoulder? Are you contemplating replacement surgery?
BJ had his shoulder replaced, it was so bad that it popped out several times a day and I got good at popping it back in. It was terribly painful, all the time. It never stopped hurting and he could barely use his arm.

Shoulder replacement and the following therapy gave him a new life.

I lurched around in constant pain with my bad knee for years because of no insurance. I welcomed my 65th birthday! We were talking me having the surgery but BJ died and it took awhile for me to deal with all the upheaval to set aside time for me to go get a new knee. It’s one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. I’m pain free, scamper up and down ladders, work outside on the tractor, and do whatever it is that I do, and hit it full steam ahead.

There comes a time when sucking it up and being the tough guy is just not working anymore and I think you are there. Mike, it’s time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
it's bone on bone now. I am planning on surgery but we want to wait until after Teresa goes to see her kids in August.

I'm just getting wimpy I guess. :)
Nothing wimpy about being in constant pain and suffering. You’ve put it off as long as you can, now it’s time to step up for shoulder replacement. The therapy may be rough, if you want the best results, tell your therapist to make it hurt. Suck it up buttercup.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nothing wimpy about being in constant pain and suffering. You’ve put it off as long as you can, now it’s time to step up for shoulder replacement. The therapy may be rough, if you want the best results, tell your therapist to make it hurt. Suck it up buttercup.
TRUE!
When I had my knee repaired the PT guy asked me what I did. Told him I trained herding dogs had to run backwards, forwards and sideways over uneven ground. PT was he//. When I finished I asked if PT was always that tough - his answer was “if you told me you had a desk job it would’ve been easier” 🤣🤣

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got a bunch of corn from the Amish farms today. They have the largest/tastiest sweet corn that I have ever had and we quit growing it since we started buying from them several years ago.
DROOL
What grows here is nothing close. CA may have avocados, but fresh sweet corn is a joke here.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had some of that Amish corn tonight with supper and it was like candy. I'm not sure what the type was but it is delicious.

We have been taking good long looks at our sheep and at the probable weather so we are going to do some serious work on our numbers. We have several 3-4 year olds that don't have the confirmation and size that we like so they are going to market as culls. We have a bunch of ewe lambs that are about as perfect as it gets so they will be replacements. By the time it's all settled, our numbers will be in the low 30's which is about what we can graze without having to buy hay if we do get a drought.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had an appointment for a stress test this morning and it sure was different than the last one I had 40 or so years ago when you had to do all kinds of physical things. Now it's all drug driven and several different kinds of scans and I wasn't expecting that. The staff at the hospital was impressive also.