Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got everything done with the sheep this morning that needed to be done. We have two rams that we are going to keep for breeding and only kept two ewe lambs to keep with the flock. There is a half dozen ewes that are beautiful but they won't be kept due to their size. Sheep like these usually get picked up by farms at the market since they have such good confirmation and many people don't put as much emphasis on weight range that we do.

The two ewe lambs haven't been handled very much and they weren't about to leave the sheep that were still in the chute so it was simpler to open the gate and let the other sheep come to me so the lambs then joined them to move back to the breeding paddocks.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are home now but the meds still are affecting me unsteady on my feet but everything seems to be at a good place. I can't say enough good things about the staff. We have a small rural hospital but I have never felt better about the treatment that I was getting, and they went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable.

There probably won't be many posts for a bit since doing them one handed adds a whole new meaning to hunt and peck typing but I wanted to post a quick status and mention how amazing it was to wake up with no pain. Iknow the hard part is coming but that was a good preview of things to come.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very glad to get the update. Everyone I have talked to here says that the re-hab/therapy is not bad after the first few times... That is what I am thinking ahead to . The Cortisone has done NOTHING in the shoulder... so no more. I get along better with tylenol/ibuprofen combination... but it always hurts...

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very glad to get the update. Everyone I have talked to here says that the re-hab/therapy is not bad after the first few times... That is what I am thinking ahead to . The Cortisone has done NOTHING in the shoulder... so no more. I get along better with tylenol/ibuprofen combination... but it always hurts...

When I got the shot in my shoulder, it only kept the pain down a bit for about ten days.