Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We still have 2 or 3 weeks before it's safe planting weather but my tomato starts were needing to be put in larger containers so that got done today. I got seed planted in flats for all of my cucumbers, squash and watermelons.

I had my 3rd week of physical therapy start this morning. I have been going twice a week and have one more week scheduled but I'm not doing anything there that I can't do at home so I think this week will be my last. Strength is coming back and the pain is a lot less and I only have limitations in certain movements (which I'm working on).

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I started clearing a bunch of low hanging branches on the property line to make mowing a little less painful. There are a bunch of small Honey Locust trees that have my arms and hands looking like I was in a battle. I started out wearing a long sleeved shirt but it got where it was easier to just move slower rather than have to fight to get the thorns out of my sleeves. This is slow going since it is all hand work for now but this has been on my To-Do list since we bought the place and is also the reason I left a 'lane' outside of the west side fences.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a good day and overall it has been a productive week. We have been hiring Jay for 2-3 hours every day and the to-do list is getting smaller. Our handling area is on the front of the shop and we had jury rigged some woven wire attached to the shop opening. It is one of those things that bugged me every time I looked at it. We had several rolls of woven wire on the porch by the big garage door but Teresa and Jay took all of the material that was there and used pallets to put it all out of the way. Today we framed in the opening and attached a cattle panel to that. It looks much more professional now and finished. We won't be using the tilt table for the sheep association workshop so we put up electric netting outside of the head gate and do what we need to do in that section of the chute.

The other day Teresa came up with an idea on how to store my fence post digger and auger to take up less room and it works perfectly.

All of these things were scheduled to be done but since we are having our sheep association workshop in our shop they all got moved upward on the list.

12 Apr 2018 Shop mods.JPG
12 Apr 2018 Shop mod 2.JPG
12 Apr 2018 Shop mod auger stand.JPG