Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I has rained non-stop since early this morning so we went to Costco and Sam's in Franklin (just south of Nashville) and we will never do that on a weekend day again. There was more people in the stores than there is all together in my little town. Traffic at our place is busy if you see more than 4 or 5 cars on the ten mile trip to Lewisburg but there was a line backed up at Costco just trying to get into the parking lot. The people rude and inconsiderate which isn't the norm for any other place I have been in Tennessee.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hear ya Mike, we had to run to Batesville today and vet Gabbie food....we had planned to go yesterday, but there was a visitor that had to adjust our schedule for....I dearly hate the traffic and attitudes that are out and about on the wknds....but, Gabbie is worth every pound, bump, and knock on the steering wheel....along with a few squeezes for good measure....:)

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I keep my PTO auger chained standing up, to a cross tie post, and, until the flood, kept a short 8x8 under the yoke so all I had to do was back right up to it and pin the yoke arms, slip on the pto shaft and pin the center bar. (my 8x8 floated off to the nether world.)
Someday, I'll just weld up a proper stand for it.

However, I believe firmly, that everyone should have to use a set of these for a few months of their life...

mankiller.jpg

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have used one of those long ago and tried one here but it's about useless here. We use a manual post hole digger and rock bar when we just have a few to dig.
Useless everywhere unless you have long strong arms and relatively soft but not gummy soil.
Me too on the other kind of manual diggers but I use the bar for roots not rocks. I'm told that I do have rocks here, but they're about 1000+ feet down on the old (late cretaceous) sea bed.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had an appointment at the Social Security Office this morning and had a very professional and helpful young lady take care of an item that I have been trying to get resolved for almost a year. So far all Tennesseans I have met (except those in Nashville) are a pleasure to be around and work with.