Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
DD2's Peruvian BF apparently isn't big on seatbelts. But while he was working here (where they met) and she was driving him places (he had no car), he learned that the car doesn't move until all seatbelts are on. I guess my girls learned that one REAL well and without personal experience as to why. I don't even start my car until I've buckled in. Get in, close door, put on seatbelt, start car, drive.

I suspect Jay will have to pay for a replacement truck somehow as well. I truly hope he and his friends now understand why seatbelts are required. Keep that picture around as a reminder. And maybe find some incidences where people were thrown out of a vehicle in a crash.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Then he needs to see some really graphic pictures of what happens to people in car crashes. I know, he's a teenager and invincible. Until he isn't. I sure hope he doesn't get cocky about walking away from this.

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry getting caught up now. Good looking lambs for this year congratulations! Keep those pics comin. And sorry for that poor boy, seatbelts can save lives. I had a cousin who taught me when I was little it was cool to not wear seat belts. He was ejected through the front windshield in a wreck a few years back and killed but I still didn’t learn until I rolled a friends Subaru without a seatbelt. I lucked out and walked away from that wreck with a few scratches and my going to town hat was probably what saved me from major damage when my head broke the sunroof. Now I always wear one, because while the good lord may look after fools and small children there’s no guarantee he’ll do it twice.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are getting ready to start weaning soon and still have one ewe that has not lambed. I'm posting a couple of pictures from the driveway at the south end of our place. Where I'm standing is about 50' away from the CSX railroad tunnel that runs under our driveway. The other picture with Thor and the boys is at the north end of our place and is the next and last grass that needs to be fenced. I would just keep using the netting but I want to close off an access point that I don't want open any longer.

6 Apr 2018 Pad6_.JPG
6 Apr 2018 Pad 6_2.JPG
6 Apr 2018 Pad6_.JPG
6 Apr 2018 Pad 6_2.JPG
6 Apr 2018 Maisy & Thor.JPG
6 Apr 2018 Thor & the boys.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya know....for someone that was so happy to be about done with fencing, ya sure keep coming up with fencing projects for one reason or another....;).....I suppose the shoulder is healing nicely if ya already feel up to giving it a good workout....:)
Channeling the much younger generations:
I know, RIGHT?!

Been thinking the same thing. Mike's extensive fencing is all done. Well, maybe just this one more part.