Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't regularly spray pesticides around or in our house but we have come upon 3 Black Widow spiders in the last few days and we did more spraying than we have since we bought our place. I have REALLY bad reactions to those things so everything that could be sprayed in the shed, shop, hay barn and house got sprayed.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
spiders from mars.gif

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sassy and Lance doing their all time favorite thing = Ball Tug. They keep the door they are playing in front of in need of touch up paint. It would be easy enough to not let them do it but they have fun doing it and we enjoy watching them. They will pull their way over to the couch we sit on to make sure everyone is included in the game. :)
Ball tug.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
And when they are done, do they give you the slimy ball?

No - there is a basket behind a chair in that corner and they put it back in the basket. :)

I tried to get a couple of pictures of what's left of the fall colors but I'm a few days too late. Most of the deep orange color that we had last week is pretty much gone. Both of these pictures are of the hills on the east side of our place. The tree line on the flat ground in the front is a CSX main railroad track that goes in a tunnel to the right side of the picture. You can't see our place at all from the road in summer but it's visible for most of the winter and you can just see the house in the center of the pictures.

Trees behind our house.JPG
Trees behind our house2.JPG