Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got the sheep worked and separated so we can hit the sale on Monday. We culled heavy again but still wound up keeping 10 of the lambs but we only wound up with upping our total number by 6.

Teresa got stung by a wasp just as we were starting which makes twice this week. This one was a black wasp and she didn't get much of a reaction to that one. It was a red wasp that got her last Sunday and she had enough of a reaction to warrant an ER visit.

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We were going to take one of our oldest ewe to the sale tomorrow as she has had a really hard time getting back in condition after lambing during the last two cycles. She has been such a good mannered and loving mom and we won't breed her again but we changed our mind about the sale. She can stay here as our first "retired" sheep.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went in for a follow-up with the cardiologist to get the results from scans I had done awhile back and he told me that I had a heart attack at some point but everything looks good other than that. He talked me into taking a shot that you do twice a month to yourself that somehow helps with high cholesterol. I took several different statins for several years but they were well on the way to shutting down some key organs so that isn't an option.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Statin drug made BJ lose his memory. He couldn’t remember what happened 30 minutes ago, yesterday, last week, or 40 years ago. It was scary. Doctor took him off of it. He HAD a triple bypass, wasn’t that good enough?? LOL