Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our temps have been really mild but nice. Our high today was 75 with the low tonight around 48. I want to move the ewe herd tomorrow to fresh grass and I need to plan on getting Oshi separated so he can be moved out. I plan on using Jack as a clean up just in case there are any not bred. .

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our temps have been really mild but nice. Our high today was 75 with the low tonight around 48. I want to move the ewe herd tomorrow to fresh grass and I need to plan on getting Oshi separated so he can be moved out. I plan on using Jack as a clean up just in case there are any not bred. .

Fresh grass! New man!! Those ewes ought to be some happy girls!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
How much longer do you plan to use Oshi? I know that you had said he would be going back to the previous place after ...2 years maybe? His lambs are really really nice... but I realize you can't use him forever on his daughters and grand daughters..... one generation is no big deal and on grand daughters is not a big deal if they have a different sire... Hate that you will have to eventually find another... it will be big shoes to fill to find one as nice as he is... Is Jack his son?

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have decided that I love the fact that my shoulder replacement made the constant pain go away was a good thing but I said before how humbling this is. Picking up a glass of water is almost an adventure. :) I had what is probably one of my last PT visits today since the movements are really repetitive and you don't need a Physical Therapist to keep it going. I have never had this kind of surgery so it has been a learning experience. I had no idea how fragile that joint is now but I have tried to avoid inflaming it. I was turning off one of the frost free hydrants today and used that arm without thinking when I turned the hydrant off. That was evidently one of those moves that you should not do so lesson learned. :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You just aren't ready to do it... but keep building the strength... and do the stuff at home.... it is too easy to slack up at home... Take it from one that has BTDT..... One of the reasons I think the knees aren't as good as they could be... and I am going to really try to work on them more now, just for the strength in the leg muscles... and try to get back my "wind" since I seem to just be out of shape...

Yes, you try to not aggravate it so it doesn't get inflamed... DS is finding it out with the torn meniscus surgery he had... how much he tries to not "make it hurt"... and he is coming along with keeping it limber... he has found out he is not bullet proof... His 6 wk checkup went well; dr said it looked good and if DS was satisfied then to just work on strengthening it... if he had any problems he could call and go back but he didn't need another follow up appt...

I am very very glad to not have the pain walking and standing like I had so for that I am glad I had the knees done.... I just want more than what I have and losing weight and strengthening the muscles is next that I am going to really work at. I hate feeling so out of shape and "weak" in the legs....