The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very cool! Figuratively and literally!
Definitely, 90°F outside and it’s 57°F down here, ahh free AC anyone?
IMG_0783.jpeg

Look at what joined me :gig
IMG_0799.jpeg

Just remember that digging deeper means you are going to have to have a way to get up high enough to be able to reach the vehicles that you are servicing.... too "deep" means you can't reach the underneath of the car/truck etc.....

However cutting deep enough for another cellar you can build a platform that wil alow yo to reach the vehicles to work on them.
This hole is currently 10’ I don’t think anyone could reach the floor of the pole barn as is. Oh we going down for another cellar and tunneling.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only got about 300 miles at most out of the differentials I installed on the dump truck. Went to dump the dirt from the hole I'm digging and it snapped "let loose". So here we go again ripping the rear axle apart again, haul it 3 hours up the road for a rebuild or swap out which means ripping both axles back apart.
Need to put my tires on the 5 ton also, so that means dig some on the hole till batteries are depleted, while recharging them work on putting tires on. Get that out of the way and bring in the dump truck.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
And to add in more fun, the injector pump on the excavator just went out in the perfect spot. About that working on the 5 ton and maybe working on the dump truck, it was a figment of my imagination.
IMG_0806.jpeg