The journey into the abyss of no return

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was fun today, one more piece to come out weighing in at around 300 lbs.
The 3rd picture is the motor weighs around 150 lbs of iron the actual gearbox is below it. Contemplating on attempting to take it apart and lift it piece by piece or take a big bite and pull the whole unit. I can deadlift 300, but getting it out that hole is the fun and getting in the other one will require same effort. Wish my loader was home, might have crank up grandpa (the ole backhoe) and get it out to pick it out.
IMG_0555.jpeg
IMG_0556.jpeg
IMG_0557.jpeg
IMG_0558.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
You use propane for heating right? Road is now proven threat to life n' safety besides potential emergency services issues.
Why can't you file a restraining order on those neighbors for vandalism, road closure, etc. They can't prevent you from using an easement. Is the easement in your title search? If it is, you can take them to court to force them to keep the road in good repair in order to get propane deliveries, etc. Check the laws in Montana regarding easement rights.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why can't you file a restraining order on those neighbors for vandalism, road closure, etc. They can't prevent you from using an easement. Is the easement in your title search? If it is, you can take them to court to force them to keep the road in good repair in order to get propane deliveries, etc. Check the laws in Montana regarding easement rights.
Restraining order says can't go within so many feet of someone, that doesn't work when having to eventually pass by each other to get in and out of here. Even the trespassing warning I filed didn't work when they dumped rocks in my driveway. Which means now I know, next time don't call the sheriff, deal with it my way.
Easement is on the title and survey maps, but because they say "Easement for road & public utilities access 60 feet wide, 30 feet each side of road center line as built" and doesn't include "maintenance" in the wording according to the deputies. County commissioner says they screwed up in putting the road in which I don't see how due to wordage of "As Built".

I have checked Montana easement laws, if one cares to help dissect where it could be at here is the laws on it.
https://www.leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0700/chapter_0170/part_0010/sections_index.html
Nowhere it says anything on maintaining them or maintenance, only part I see I can go off of and am filing with district court today is...

70-17-108. Rights of owner of future estate in dominant tenement. The owner of a future estate in a dominant tenement may use easements attached thereto for the purpose of viewing waste, demanding rent, or removing an obstruction to the enjoyment of such easements although such tenement is occupied by a tenant.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does maintaining the easement fall on the landowner or the easement holder? Either way, if the landowner not maintaining the easement road impacts on your health and safety, I think you have a case. What about the fire department? Can they get their vehicles therough in case of fire? Whether the fire department would be responsible for the homes served by the road, they should have a vested interest in being able to get into areas to fight all fires. Contact the state about this?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does maintaining the easement fall on the landowner or the easement holder? Either way, if the landowner not maintaining the easement road impacts on your health and safety, I think you have a case. What about the fire department? Can they get their vehicles therough in case of fire? Whether the fire department would be responsible for the homes served by the road, they should have a vested interest in being able to get into areas to fight all fires. Contact the state about this?
I sent off 3 certified Cease & Desist letters this morning, wait till first good rain to pack the dust to dirt then try putting rock down. If it continues I will file for an injunction so as the lawsuit makes it way through civil courts as I put rock down.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke grandpa up, now let’s see if I got enough parts laying around to fix this conundrum. Not many backhoes have a thumb, I custom built this one using cylinder from another backhoe. It’s what dug the pole barn pad out, and dug a half mile long trench at 4 feet deep for the power company out here with other various feats.
When I first got him as I was going up the ramps one of them snapped almost sending it over on top of me and giving the seller a 80 yr old man a heart attack. So I built my own ramps and the seller called me up offering to give my money back, he had no clue who he had on his hands. The day I went with new ramps to load it up he declined to be there:gig
Still going despite a cracked engine block too, give me a machine and I can make it go when not many would attempt it or be able to.
IMG_0563.jpeg
IMG_0564.jpeg
IMG_0565.jpeg
IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpeg
IMG_0568.jpeg

Latest posts