The journey into the abyss of no return

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, cow crap is "crappy"..... feel for you trying to get lights fixed like that with them still in there... At least empty you could take a hose and get the bulk of the wet stuff washed off....

So glad to hear that you can get all your own water there from your own property and not have to haul it from town or where ever you were getting it before. I am assuming you have a cistern in the root cellar so it will not freeze during your terrible cold in the winter time... and will use up the totes for the ducks before it freezes so as to not bust the totes. They do degrade in the sun and will get brittle and break or crack and split... Have had several over the years here that wind up splitting...

We are getting desperately needed rain... had a 1/2 inch in gauge earlier and still raining... it did not let up this evening early enough to see much, so will go to the calf barn in the morning...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I rarely get deep freeze here but, cold enough!! My lines in barn have heat tapes, covered with pipe insulation and normally not an issue. But we leave water dripping at DD house in bad cold. She's only one that needs the water to travel....otherwise, I'd cut it off at house to barn. But that then feeds to all lower fields & her house, underground.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going to take a few "miles"of Cat 6 cable and a lot trenches about a week or two of work, but schit is getting real here on securing the homestead. This isn't your Lorex system you find at local box store or consumer online site, only pros go here.
Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 21-19-57 Lorex Elite Series NVR with N4 (Nocturnal Series) IP Bullet ...png