The Twins - A picture story of Daisy's kids (Honaker Farm)

goatdreamerCT

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
20kidsonhill said:
elevan said:
20kidsonhill said:
At the same time you were waiting for your Daisy, I was waiting for my Daisy to kid, I didn't want to jump in and take your moment away. I am enjoying your pictures of the kids. My Daisy kidded a couple weeks ago, after a really hard pregnancy, She had two 12 lb kids, We lost the doe(stillborn), but she has a massive buckling on her. I am glad your Daisy had a good pregnancy and all went well.
Congratulations on the buck and I am sorry about the doeling. :hugs
It was a bummer to say the least, as all of you know, at some point some of us have to make money to keep our little farms going, and she was my only full-blood I had due to kid. So I lost my only full-blood ABGA restered doeling of the season.
We are trying to decide if we should whether the buckling and just let the kids show him for 4H or try to sell him as a full-blood. I think in reality there are lots of good full-bloods out there and we will probably just whether him. The doe would have been a keeper doe.
So sorry to hear about your loss

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Ok, back to the twins.

I don't have any new pictures today because I'm dealing with a possible UC issue on a buckling so not a lot of time for pics. See my other post if you want to know how he's doing.

The twins are getting CRAZY good at climbing. They still have not mastered getting onto their mama's back. Diva has mastered climbing up onto my shoulders when I'm sitting in the pen though!

They are starting to eat hay pretty well alongside their mama, tasting water and grain and the minerals.

Diva is the most outgoing of the two...while Kingston is kind of laid back and shy.

More pictures soon - I promise!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
Ok, back to the twins.

I don't have any new pictures today because I'm dealing with a possible UC issue on a buckling so not a lot of time for pics. See my other post if you want to know how he's doing.

The twins are getting CRAZY good at climbing. They still have not mastered getting onto their mama's back. Diva has mastered climbing up onto my shoulders when I'm sitting in the pen though!

They are starting to eat hay pretty well alongside their mama, tasting water and grain and the minerals.

Diva is the most outgoing of the two...while Kingston is kind of laid back and shy.

:love :love

goatdreamerCT

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
elevan said:
Ok, back to the twins.

:love :love
X2!!! How cute do they sound!?!?!? Hope your buckling will be ok

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Time to fill up the hay feeder. Too low and it becomes a kid bed! :lol:

189374_1293295429406_1740920809_526039_4831070_n.jpg

189332_1293295789415_1740920809_526041_1819940_n.jpg

185732_1293295629411_1740920809_526040_6501220_n.jpg

180968_1293296909443_1740920809_526042_284661_n.jpg

goatdreamerCT

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
hehehe!!! Love their new "bed". These have got to be the cutest kids ever!!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Since we dam raise our kids, we know that interaction with the kids is very important to make them tame and friendly around humans. I believe that we have succeeded very well with the twins!

The minute that we walk into the pen with the twins we are "attacked" for affection! All we have to do is sit down and relax and the kids come over to visit. Although sometimes we become a human "mountain" for them to climb :lol:

2607_kids_1.jpg

2607_kids_2.jpg

2607_kids_3.jpg

The twins have their very own "champion", our llama Jerry. His "job" is to protect the goats. When he didn't start out doing very good at that we decided to keep him as a pet. All that changed when our Lilly kidded and had Maggie. Jerry suddenly was in love with that little goat kid and would do anything for her and to protect her. And he is just as much in love with Daisy's twins :love
The twins are not entirely sure what to make of Jerry yet...
2607_jerry_llama.jpg

Oh, yes we are definitely getting good at climbing and jumping! Gotta make sure that the "dutch" door is closed on the pen even if we're only gonna be a minute. This is Kingston wondering how to follow Diva to the other side...she had already leaped over!
2607_kingston.jpg

Hmmm..."what's that light?" Kingston was fascinated by the flash on DH's phone.
2607_kingston_2.jpg

Latest posts