There was long, dark discharge....She kidded! Baby pics added!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She kidded last night. I checked her when I fed all the goats and put them to bed. Little discharge, not much. No more than she has had the last two weeks. Ligs were soft, but still obvious. I told her she had one more day out to graze and then she was going into the kidding pen.

Two hours later I took the greyhounds out for final potty and I hear babies crying and a goat bleating.

I go up to the barn and there she is, lying on her side, two wet babies on the ground. She was stuggling to get up. She had gotten turned with her legs uphill and she couldn't get herself upright. Junior, my LGD was cleaning off one baby, the other was hollering.

I was wearing hubby's boots, 4 sizes too big, my good coat and only a long john top under it, in sweat pants (at least they were old ratty ones) I called the house, woke him up and he came up with the supplies while I got momma upright, babies wiped down and everyone in the kidding pen.

2 boys, they were fuzzy and dry with full tummies this morning.

Pics later, I was up till 12:00 and I have to leave the house at 6:00.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok, they were not cooperating but I did get one. Goat is my sweet love until she has babies and then she gets defensive and mean.

1751_goat_babies.jpg

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Gorgeous, big kids!! I just want to hug them both and plant a big kiss on those cute noses!

At least you were running around dressed like that after dark! I usually pull that stuff during the day, and the yards in my neighborhood are 75' wide. The neighbors get free entertainment on a regular basis. Like when I looked out the window in my jammies after sleeping late this morning and saw my little darling doeling, Plum, out in the yard, wandering around. Dashed out with barely enough time to slam my feet into the first boots I ran by. Then I had to fix the gate. I think I saw a camera two porches north....youtube? facebook? You shoulda seen my bedhead.... :lol:

Latest posts