"TO ALL NEWBIE GOAT OWNERS GIVING IM SHOTS"

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
kevin...If your vet is advising Bo-Se @ 1ml/20lbs IM....I hate to say it, buddy, but I think you need a new vet. :hide

That's not a dosage or admin route I've ever heard of on Bo-Se..

Did the vet pull blood on this buck by any chance to actually check the Se level??!?

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Goats that are over dosed on BoSE often slough their entire hoof on all four feed, some will die from internal organ failure, and the goat I accidentally killed, had her coat go from beautiful to a terrible rough coat with red all over it. This doe had BoSE at the rate of 1ml per 40lbs, but I accidentally gave it again in 2 weeks (back when each goat ran on their own schedule). Her death was totally my fault, BoSE is NOT something to play with, especially on the high end of dosages. JMHO

kapfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My wife just said this was the same vet her mom used and all the goats died. She didn't think much of it until this dosage amount that is being questioned! yes, i think it is time to go elswhere.
I have 850 to 1450 lbs. worth of bo-se to divide into three goats.;)

Does anyone know what kind of shelf life bo-se has while in a syringe?

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It should be good for around a year if you keep it in the house in the dark.

kapfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ok thanks. Can I close this topic or does administrator have to do it. I am happy with the answers and am feeling kinda dumb because there are critical questions being asked and it feels I am taking up space.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'd say this was pretty critical...you almost had a dead goat on your hands!

Latest posts