Travel Time

ibreedlionheads

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is mainly directed to breeders who show. I'm curious, how far are you willing to travel for good quality stock? The farthest I have currently traveled is just under 3 hours to a breeder who gave me a rabbit and bred her for me.

How far have you traveled for your hobby? How far are you willing to travel?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
I will be traveling this Spring in looks of good Holland Lop breeding/show quality stock. I'm very fortunate that Hollands are very popular on the East Coast. I have many here in New Jersey (North and South) to look at, plus Pennsylvania has many (already did search) that I could contact and go check out.

So I would travel to get the breeding stock I need. As I will be dealing more on the show/pet quality than just mixed/pet quality.

These next bunny purchases will be done with the goal of starting a good breeding program.

K

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just traveled 10hrs (round trip) to pick up a new breeding trio of NZW's. That is as close to me as I could find them.

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
When I bought my Tan trio last summer I traveled 6 hrs one way to pick up -- 12 hr round trip. How far you're willing to travel is a matter of how bad you want it, and where is the closest you can find what you're looking for.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be traveling further than I thought. Don't mind at all. It's what I want.

K

SarahMelisse

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Last month I traveled 16 hours round-trip (380 miles each way) for a breeding trio of French angoras. There was a breeder with English angoras only 100 miles away, but I wanted the French specifically. To be fair... I do live quite a way away from the nearest "big" city so I was prepared to travel.

ibreedlionheads

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
SarahMelisse said:
Last month I traveled 16 hours round-trip (380 miles each way) for a breeding trio of French angoras. There was a breeder with English angoras only 100 miles away, but I wanted the French specifically. To be fair... I do live quite a way away from the nearest "big" city so I was prepared to travel.
I'm the same way. The closest breeder to me is in another state (Maryland), about 2 hours away... All the rest are on the other side of the state, or in a really far state.