Trouble maker

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They don't look like they are taking the move to bad.

WRB, I have found that the placement of the nose piece varies by the control you need with the animal. With them higher up like that she probably found better control when walking them, as they have never been haltered before. Or at least that's what I'm guessing.

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yeah I put them higher up so the halters wouldn't be too tight. If they were lower on the noses then the halter seems to tighten up easily and may rub. I'll take them off in 3-4 days, we'll see how they progress. If I have time this year, I think I'd like to show Rocket, but thats months away so I'm not counting on anything.lol

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
they are goodlooking calves.just dont let them dragg you though the pasture.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
She's been there, done that, got the scar tissue, Wynedot.
I think that was senior year when she tore the arm apart when the steer bolted on her. It wasn't that big or mean at all either, she just wasn't paying 100% attention at the time. Note to newbies: pay attention at all times you are at the end of the halter!

AH babies.. aren't they wonderful!? Polish up those beef halters!

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Imissmygirls said:
She's been there, done that, got the scar tissue, Wynedot.
I think that was senior year when she tore the arm apart when the steer bolted on her. It wasn't that big or mean at all either, she just wasn't paying 100% attention at the time. Note to newbies: pay attention at all times you are at the end of the halter!

AH babies.. aren't they wonderful!? Polish up those beef halters!
Oh I was paying attention, my wonderful brother's POS truck backfired..lol..my hand just didn't let go fast enough. I miss that calf he was pretty, and your right, only 550lbs when he left.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
ive had 2 or 3 heifers bolt on me.busting my head on the rocks.an dragging me behind them,esp since i wouldnt turn loose.an ive dealt with a heifer that would kick your head in.she would even mule kick the judge or any1 that walked behind her.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
oh we always made sure the judges walked wide behind her.because we knew she would kick at them.