Two still born babies but still pulling fur several hours after birth

Lionhead lover

Just born
Reaction score
Hi
I just started breeding lionhead rabbits and I've had several sucsessfull litters from my first doe. My younger doe gave birth today to two still born babies ( this doesn't suprize me she is small and it's her first litter) they were fully developed and normal sized though they might have been a little long. Any way she had them around noon so I removed them from her box. She seemed to have finished labor and had a snack and some water. Around 1 I removed her nest box. And around 5 she started to pull more fur and was building a nest on the wire. Could she still have a baby inside her or is it instict kicking in? Any clues, I would love some help
Thanks!

Lionhead lover

Just born
Reaction score
Update: I just checked her and she is bleeding alittle. I gave her her box back around 10pm and there's a spot of blood in there alittle on her skirt and alittle on the wire

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I think she may not be done . Im sure some of the more experienced breeders will respond soon, but from what I have learned here on the forum I think she could still be in labor.

Lionhead lover

Just born
Reaction score
I checked her this morning and she's rearranged her nest an moved her wire nest into the box one no more blood this morning but no baby or contractions either...

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
If she were mi e I would leave nest with her for another day or two just in case. It will not hurt anything and I would rather be safe than sorry.