Urgent.....Doe in labor NOW...update: healthy breech doeling

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
She started serious contractions 55 minutes ago, saw amniotic fluid a little less than that. No sign of sack or baby. When to go in or call vet?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I would do it now if you are unsure. Either go in or call the vet. Whatever you feel most comfortable with.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
two hooves and a nose 4-5" in......whatcha think?

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
freemotion said:
two hooves and a nose 4-5" in......whatcha think?
Is she a FF? I'd give her a little longer. If she's seriously seriously contracting hard and pushing, you can always gently pull (with the contractions) to help her along.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
At least third, second with me. Big single buckling last year, one big breech, malpositioned doeling now out and baa-ing. Waiting on vet who was already on the way. Not sure if there is another, not sure if I should go back in yet. Should I? No placenta yet.

Henrietta23

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:clap Oh yay! You got a doeling! I'm thrilled for you.
Sending good kidding vibes. Can't offer advice but I keep checking in!
Go Mya!!

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
freemotion said:
At least third, second with me. Big single buckling last year, one big breech, malpositioned doeling now out and baa-ing. Waiting on vet who was already on the way. Not sure if there is another, not sure if I should go back in yet. Should I? No placenta yet.
You can go in, just make sure to scrub up well and make sure she's clean as well. The doeling you delivered was malpositioned? I thought you said you had 2 hooves and a nose? :hu Either way, good luck and hope all goes well.

Latest posts