Urgent.....Doe in labor NOW...update: healthy breech doeling

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just a question out of curiosity - are you bottle feeding because of the stress of the situation or do you do that with all your kids?

patandchickens

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Plum is napping (stuck in her thumb and pulled out a plum and said, "what a good girl, am I!" :D )
ROTFL, that's a great name :D

Congrats,

Pat

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Thanks, Pat, I like names that make me giggle. I had a cat named Bagels and for some reason, that made me giggle for 18 years!

glenolam said:
Just a question out of curiosity - are you bottle feeding because of the stress of the situation or do you do that with all your kids?
Mya tested positive for CAE and I want to keep the doeling and keep her CAE-free. It is passed through the milk. Otherwise, I am a huge fan of letting the dam teach the baby how to be a goat! So I will try to graft this baby onto my other doe, who also had a single doeling. We will see.....

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks, free. I was curious if it had something to do with the stress and if the dam refused her kid or something like that. If I ever get in a situation like that (hopefully never!) I figured I'd tuck that bit of info in my brain if that was the case.

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I will post details on SS on "Free's kidding thread" later today, with pictures! Woohoo!
Where's the thread!?! I'm dying to see pics! and keep checking BYC!

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
New pics on p 19 and more to come by the weekend. Gotta go get her in the house for the night!

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Just took a bunch of pictures of her with her diaper on. I let her run loose in the kitchen for an hour and she terrorized my old grouchy dog by trying to climb on him. Poor guy. She didn't understand his growl and he didn't understand my reprimand...of him! I tried to get him onto the couch, but he wanted to be at my feet, too. Silly.

She steps out of her diaper now so I rigged up suspenders for her, and it works great! Can't wait for dh to download the pics onto the computer so I can show ya! She only wears the diaper when loose in the house or sitting on a lap on the couch. She was in a stall all day with a heat lamp with short supervised excursions outside, and is now in the dog crate with a sweater on, and thick towels under her, no diaper.

Latest posts