Warning: This will make a person who doesn't own a goat cry

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well I have heard of people butchering the babies, more of an ethnic thing. I don't know about the way it was done though...

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That's just sickening. That's animal abuse and around here I'd be bugging a bunch of friends in law enforcement until they put a stop to it.

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Did you report her to the police or animal control? I do not care how old she is she should be locked up. That is absolutely disgusting and cruel. I do not understan how people can do that to animals or other people. :somad I am so sorry you had to witness this. :hugs to you

Theykeepmebusy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I called the Sheriff's office who transferred me to Animal control, I really don't like dealing with animal control, I've caught them several times dumping run over animals off a lease road out here. They assure me that is not why that officer was out there, but I followed one day, soon as he pulled out of the lease road, I headed down there and there was the rottweiler, I watched him pick up off the road. I'm probably too much of a do goody in peoples eyes around here. Back to the lady, I don't know what else to do, except call a news station, last dealing with them, my daughter had stepped on a drug needle at the park and authorities and the county said that they clean that park weekly. I went down and cleaned up, needles,condoms,beer bottles, lancets all kinds of stuff. The news station and newspaper said they were busy covering the labor day events. So far, so good, her blood tests have come up negative..........I could go on and on about the greatness of this area :rolleyes: No one cares like they should.

TigerLilly

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That is sick & disgusting! I don't know where you live, but if that's how things are handled there, I think I'd be looking to relocate (and I'm talking about animal control AND parks & recreation).

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
That is more than killing a baby for filling a freezer! When you said the woman doesn't speak english... and no one knows why she keeps goats.... honestly, all I could think of was santeria.

Anyone who loves and knows anything about goats knows that you never rip a kid out like that! How horrid! :hit :hit

Your animal control people sound a lot like my local animal control people. I had(unbeknownst to me) a hoarder renting the house next to me. I didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. I had seen her a while back, and she said that she was moving and would be done with that house by Oct something or other. That time came by and went and I had still been seeing cats up in the windows. One day I didn't see the cats in the window... dismissed it until I got home and they still weren't in the windows. I got 100ft from the house and could smell it. I called the local animal officer, and he asked if I could take care of them until he got a chance to come by.... 2 weeks later after I bugged him repeatedly to come take care of them he told me,"quite frankly, I have bigger things to deal with than a couple cats"
:somad :rant WTH?!?! He's the stinkin' animal officer!!! I called his boss and the humane society again and 3 days later they came by to "take care" of them. I am really starting to doubt if there are any real vets, animal officers, etc. There were 30+ live cats in that house and a minimum(that I was able to count) of 5 dead.
That woman next door to you ought to have the book thrown at her! she has no right to have animals of any sort.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
I think I'd start carrying a small digital camera that takes video with me. If nothing else, you can start posting all the cute things your goats do on youtube that you will now catch because you'll have the camera with you all the time!

I would be hard for the authorities to ignore that type of video. I do think you got a lazy individual on the phone.

Theykeepmebusy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You know that's not a bad idea, I always go out and take pictures of the chickens, goats, and sometimes videos, I think I will do that.

MsPony

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of "animal rights" group...but this def sounds like a case for them.

Latest posts