Weather goat 106.7 temp

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SQ will be fine. It sounds like that's what the needles are for. When I was giving fluids to a sick dog he would just stretch out on the floor while I rubbed his head. Goat is probably not going to be as cooperative. Might be good to put him on the stanchion. As best I remember it only took about 15 minutes or so, but I can't remember if we did the entire bag at one time or broke it into twice daily...

It would make a big soft lump under the skin, but it would absorb in fairly quickly.

Fingers crossed that he's going to come around for you. If not, it's not for lack of you trying. You deserve a hug! :hugs
Thank you for that I am going to give that a try when it cools down a bit and every thing settles here. I dont really have a quarantine spot without putting the buck in with the doe in milk and her doeling should I do the SQ in the neck or shoulder?

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you

done 200 ml on each side tonight and 1 - 200ml in the am and 1 in the pm and vet says should help clear things up.

I worked myself up not wanting to hurt him and he didnt even flinch :old:clap he just stood on the stanchion and ate his timothy grass.

Thank you for your prayers I will keep posting on his progress.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
The SQ is best if you have no IV training. A bubble of air in a vein is life threatening. You're doing great! You may need to do fluids a few days. Depends on how much you can get him to "over drink" to stay flushed until he heals to point that the toxins stop entering system. 👍🫂

We know the time & commitment this takes. Also, the relief when it's successful....sadly, the pain when it doesn't. We're here for you and understand.

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The SQ is best if you have no IV training. A bubble of air in a vein is life threatening. You're doing great! You may need to do fluids a few days. Depends on how much you can get him to "over drink" to stay flushed until he heals to point that the toxins stop entering system. 👍🫂

We know the time & commitment this takes. Also, the relief when it's successful....sadly, the pain when it doesn't. We're here for you and understand.
Thank you so much!
He is to get 1 200ml dose i n the morning and 1 more 200ml dose in the evening and then I will have 200ml if he needs it if not she said to just get rid of it. we have a camera in the barn so we can keep and eye on him until we go to bed. and I can look in on them when I get up in the middle of the night. I do feel like I can do it now. I have done the loss thing and I do not much care for it. So I would have tried the intravenous after reading and making sure I knew what I was looking for. Sub q is the way to go unless you are trained. I may have to look into geting some training for that. But for now I am breathing more confident and more settled Because I tried and grew. I still want him to be ok .
Thank you for sharing your wisdom and information with me I cannot tell you how much it means. :hugs

tjo804

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh PS His Temp is 101.9 after the fluids
tomorrow I will do a before and after temp. but those were the best three digit with a decimal numbers I have seen all week :weee