Welcome To BackYardCows.com !

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ozark Hen said:
I bottle fed a Holstein years ago, dh told me to not go into the pasture with him anymore when he got big. Dh told me to carry a heavy stick when I had to go around the steer as when they get older they no longer are the sweet babies we remember!!
This especially holds true with the males. Steers are not as bad as a bull. NEVER turn your back on a bull no matter how gentle he is. Their personalities turn in an instant!

Ozark Hen

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
You are so right, my dh thought he had banded him but turned out he only banded one side so.................... Heed the warnings for everyone's sake.

scrapmom5

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey Nifty:

I was just thinking this past week that we should have a backyard cows...imagine my surprise when I came home on logged on to BYC and found BYCows. Way to go! As soon as we get some land (my 1/3 acre doesn't cut it) we would love some cows, and alpacas, and horses, and sheep......

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome! :ya :frow :ya

scrapmom5 said:
Hey Nifty:

I was just thinking this past week that we should have a backyard cows...imagine my surprise when I came home on logged on to BYC and found BYCows. Way to go! As soon as we get some land (my 1/3 acre doesn't cut it) we would love some cows, and alpacas, and horses, and sheep......

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see a bunch of new members!

:woot

CowGirl95

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just joined this after finding out about it on Backyard Chicken! I don't have any cows but I love them! Hopefully when I am older I can get some cows! :weee

birdlover

Just born
Reaction score
This is sooo cool!!! But...I don't think many of us have cows, huh?? LOL So, how are we going to learn about cows when there's only a couple of cow owners??!! jes' sayin' Any road (British for anyway), I think it's great there's now a BYCows site. Oh. One thing my father taught me when I was a girl... the cows in Canada say "La Mooo". Good ol' dad.

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:frow Welcome to BYCows!
A lot of us have both cows and chickens.
We learn from one another! Pretty soon, ByCows will be a big as BYChickens :ya

birdlover said:
This is sooo cool!!! But...I don't think many of us have cows, huh?? LOL So, how are we going to learn about cows when there's only a couple of cow owners??!! jes' sayin' Any road (British for anyway), I think it's great there's now a BYCows site. Oh. One thing my father taught me when I was a girl... the cows in Canada say "La Mooo". Good ol' dad.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
birdlover said:
Start by asking your questions and see what you get for answers.