What's with the Vitamin B supply?

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
You can use an extremely high dosage of the regular B vitamin when that's all you've got....some thiamine is better than none.
The fortified B is of course the best option....jes sayin' that regular is wayyy better than nothing if you have to use it in a pinch.
They pee out whatever 'extra' they don't need.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
My vet didn't tell me what the dosage is and I didn't ask, until now. :)

She did tell me that she has 3 bottles of 200 mg/ml in stock and that regular strength is 500 mg/ml. The bottle of B complex that I bought has 12.5 mg/ml of Thiamine. Big difference, but I agree that in an emergency some is better than none.

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We use vitamin B complex during situations of stress as a preventative measure. We'd be hauling to the vet if there was a problem though.

themrslove

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh no! Is there any more information on it?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
helmstead said:
FlightsofFancy found out the FDA pulled the product due to mfg issues...
Does that mean anything for those that have a current bottle? Was there a recall on it?

Thanks!

chandasue

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info about this. I had placed an order a couple weeks ago before it was listed as backordered on the website, only to find out it was backordered when the rest of my order arrived. Sounds like I'll be waiting quite a while for my order if it was a manufacturing issue... with the rest of Goaty Kingdom...

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Stopped at TSC tonight and went ahead and picked up a bottle of B Complex. I'd rather have the regular stuff than nothing. My current bottle is almost expired.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Stopped at TSC tonight and went ahead and picked up a bottle of B Complex. I'd rather have the regular stuff than nothing. My current bottle is almost expired.
The TSC in Ashland? Did they still have more? Nobody close to me has any...including the 3 TSCs that I normally will shop.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Yes, the TSC in Ashland. If I recall correctly, they had one more bottle. I would call there first before you make the trek though.