Where does the Lionhead stand with the ARBA?

TherapyBunnies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
CYG - Don't worry about expressing an opinion as long as it is with respect. We all have opinions & they are just that. I agree the flank wool adds to the look. I also agree some lionheads almost look like Jersey Woolies or Angoras.

To all interested. Here is a link to an informational page regarding the breed & its progress toward acceptance by the ARBA
www.lionhead.us/aboutlionheads/standards.htm

ibreedlionheads

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
CYGChickies said:
ibreedlionheads said:
CYGChickies said:
I'm getting the feeling that 75% of current pedigreed Lionheads will be rendered unshowable right off the bat. If flank hair is a no then most of my does are gonna be no-goes. How come a few people get to say what a perfect rabbit is even if it will render a large percentage outside of standard? It should be put to a vote or something. Throw us a bone ARBA just a teeny one!

CYG
That's why they changed the COD to allow 2" of flank wool. If you really want to put your opinion in there, talk to a breeder with a COD, or get a COD yourself. ;)
The wink makes this comment feel condescending but I'm sure that wasn't your intention. My single opinion will always be that, a single opinion. I didn't know I needed a COD to bellyache in a lighthearted manner. I'm sorry I overstepped my place in the world of show rabbits, everyone! ;)

CYG
Oh, I'm sorry. I put the wink there to make it sound less condescending and mean... I'm really sorry.

And it was more of a joke... not a true statement. So once again, I am sorry.

2seth2

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The problem is with such a long time period the arba standard and breeder standard has become different and every changing. if they even get them passed the there will be a COD EXPLOSION every lion head breeder will thry to get there color recognised and in a decade they will have tons of colors if they ever get passed. They should apply with the english standard then it would only take 2 passes to get accepted