Winter Kidding Watch =) Aspen's Turn Pics Pg 59 ALL DONE

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Sorry folks! Gonna head out there soon. You take for granted how much help your spouse is until they're out of town!! Been a busy night getting stuff ready for school tomorrow...kids to bed...blah blah.

Patsy's ligs have been gone for a day now, maybe there will be some surprises when I get back out to the barn? :p

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
No surprises from Patsy, but she's lost her plug so, soon!

Here are Godiva's triplets :love

Doeling - blue eyed
godivatrips022.jpg

godivatrips019.jpg

Buck #1 - either gold or blue eyed, will be able to tell when the sun comes back out
godivatrips018.jpg

godivatrips015.jpg

Buck #2 - again either gold or blue eyed, and I kinda wanna retain him LOL
godivatrips010.jpg

godivatrips002.jpg

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
This was another tough labor, and of course DH being gone. The first one out presented UPSIDE DOWN. I have to say, that was the hardest pull I've done! Her pelvis kept getting hung on the dam's pelvis. She was gasping for air, and I was pretty sure I was going to loose her! You just can't pull them at the right angle when they're upside down...I finally put my foot on Godiva's rear and just pulled with everything I had before she suffocated...and after some vigorous rubbing and thumping, she came to and started breathing. WHEW. Then the twin bucks were tangled up, but all I had to do was shove one back and Godiva then delivered them just fine.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Actually, I've assisted with maybe 3 out of 21 so that's not too bad. And they've all turned out well, so no complaints here...!

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yay!!! Every time you post an update i check to see if there are any pictures, however this is my first post on this thread :lol: It's official: I'm a thread stalker!!!

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:weee Glad you got the upside down kid out okay. Wow, what a job that must have been! Godiva's trips are beautiful babies!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
GOOD SAVE!! :clap Godiva was probably confused about there being more than one :p

That doeling... :love What a face she has.

Latest posts