Winter Kidding Watch =) Aspen's Turn Pics Pg 59 ALL DONE

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Got to practice my assisting again with this one! Wolfie was HUGE, so I had a feeling there were more than two in there :cool:. I'd been checking her all day and she was finally in labor around 2. I could feel a bubble had just come through her cervix, so I grabbed some towels and a soda and hung out to see how she was progressing. She did some major work and managed to present the leader bubble, but then stopped making progress. So, DH went to her head and we put her on her side. First kid was full breech, trying to come out with hocks and butt. So I shoved it back in, found a hock, followed that hock to its hoof and pulled buck #1 out by one hoof. No biggie.

She was then more intent on cleaning the buck than pushing. I did some peri stretching and got her going again, but she didn't feel like laying back down. She presented enough of #2 that I took the hooves and finished that one up, clean it up...handed it to her. ANOTHER BUCK.

At this point I'm about ready to go rack ole Mr. Rider...ALL BUCK KIDS this year. Dork!

I bounced Wolfie, because dangit, she didn't look empty. Obviously a third baby in there! YAY. Did some more peri stretching and she presented two more feet, so I pulled baby #3 - A DOE WAHOOOOOOO

These are some HEFTY kids for triplets! Buck #2 is the biggest and he's also polled, I'm 90% sure.

Buck #1
wolfietrips015.jpg

wolfietrips018.jpg

Buck #2 - polled
wolfietrips022.jpg

wolfietrips008.jpg

Doe :)
wolfietripsdoe014.jpg

wolfietripsdoe013.jpg

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congratulations! You're an awesome midwife! I LOVE buckling #2 - he's very masculine looking already. They're all too cute!

Enjoy!

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh I hate dialup! But I so wanted to see those triplets so sat here forever. They are ADORABLE, so glad the pics loaded.Good job what a nice "litter".

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Oh she's a cutie...she looks a lot like #1. Keeper?
#2 looks like he's got a pompadour...adorable!

Congrats on a job well done. I wish I could get 'bouncing' down...I just can't. *sigh*

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:celebrate :woot Congrats on the babies, and especially the doeling you finally got from Rider!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I probably should be keeping the chammie buck...but I had a reservation for a polled buckling and they were REALLY looking forward to the breeding. If they pass...well...sorry DH but he might have to stay!! His conformation looks EXACTLY like our GCH jr doe Pigeon did as a newborn, so metinks he's going to be REALLY nice.

The doe, no, not a keeper only because she's not polled. I want to retain a polled doeling from Wolfie, so we'll see what we get next time. I'm going to breed Wolfie to NeYo next time...so maybe I'll get polled AND moonspotted tee hee!

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That is one cute doeling! Buckling #2 is so different looking from the others, he doesn't look like he belongs. I like his coloring though.

hoosierchick

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
What a bunch of cuties! Number two is my fav, love the colors.