Winter Kidding Watch =) Aspen's Turn Pics Pg 59 ALL DONE

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Then I'm not the only one with big problems on the milk stand. I had to pull Dahlia's kids because someone wanted bottle babies. I figured I would milk Dahlia. Well, she is doing everything she can not to let me. I fought with her 3 times a day for 3 days. I have finally given up and taking my chances on mastitis. She is a second freshener but the previous owner never milked them.

Do you just take your chances on mastitis or what? I certainly don't want her get mastitis but I just can't fight her anymore. I even tried hoisting her up and putting things under her to make her stay up enough to at least get a little milk out of her.

Very cute does that she had though.

KellyHM

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My Nubian doe is 4 years old, but this year was her first freshening. She fought me like CRAZY for the first week or so she was on the milk stand, but has finally figured out that if she just holds still it's over faster. :lol:

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
:clap Tiny has REDEEMED her reputation! Tonight, for her first milking since pulling her kids this morning, she literally DRAGGED me to the stanchion, jumped up and assumed the position! Didn't move a toe while I milked her, either. :weee She's gonna be a good girl this time around!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Wolfie just had triplets! 2 bucks and a doe - Rider's ONLY doe this year, the booger. Looks like one buck is polled. :weee

Zanzabeez

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! I cant' wait for pics. :D

Tracy