Woo hoo! I am in Germany

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Congratulations,I have spent over half of my adult life in Germany.3 tours of duty as a soldier and then went back as a civilian for 10 years.My wife is German and we just sent our oldest daughter back to Germany to live with her grandmother so she can finish school there as she plans to live in Germany as an adult.I love and miss Germany but we are doing better here in Texas.My daughter is located just outside of Frankfurt........Good luck and have fun..............Mike

Fierlin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Alice Acres said:
Sounds fun...and you must live somewhere in the southern hemisphere (mentioning summer holidays)?

We had several exchange students, and most were from Germany. 3 from Berlin, 1 from Hamburg, 1 from Itzehoe (northwest coast) and one from Kempten.
My daughters both went and stayed with previous students - both in Berlin. :)
Enjoy!
Yep, I live in Australia. I come from England though, and we're stopping over there and going for a day out in London which i'm very happy about. :D

I'm not sure if I'll get to go to Berlin, depends on what my family has planned. But just being there should be great. :p

Fierlin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
bigmike said:
Congratulations,I have spent over half of my adult life in Germany.3 tours of duty as a soldier and then went back as a civilian for 10 years.My wife is German and we just sent our oldest daughter back to Germany to live with her grandmother so she can finish school there as she plans to live in Germany as an adult.I love and miss Germany but we are doing better here in Texas.My daughter is located just outside of Frankfurt........Good luck and have fun..............Mike
Thank you very much. :D

And thanks everyone also. I'm at the airport now, about the leave and tapping into the terrible free wifi. :lol:

Fierlin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
lol! It looks very like england here. The same species of bush growing alongside the puddle-riddled, muddy leaf litter covered paths beside the nice fields with REAL LIVING GRASS (lol jk - Australia isn't that bad.)

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Germany is a beautiful country. Spent 4 years there with my husband when he was in the Army. We were stationed in Herborn Seelbach. Close to Geissen. I miss the scenery, people and mostly the food.

Fierlin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is not a very nice picture because I took it out of my window (second floor! boo yeah!) but that's what all the houses look like round here. Pretty cool.

5822_dscf2951.jpg

And my host father has this completely epic model train set he's building in the basement. :p