Blessedfarmgirl's Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
On taming the lambs, sit on the ground or something low like a milk crate. Put a pan of feed next to you so they have to get close to you to eat. Put some animal crackers in the feed pan and it won’t be long before they will eat animal crackers from your hand.

Nice lambs!

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
On taming the lambs, sit on the ground or something low like a milk crate. Put a pan of feed next to you so they have to get close to you to eat. Put some animal crackers in the feed pan and it won’t be long before they will eat animal crackers from your hand.

Nice lambs!
Thank you! That sounds like a very good plan. Right now they won't let us get within 10 feet, so we'll have to go slowly.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are a predator and they know it . Predators eyes are in the front of their face, prey animals eyes are on the side of their face. Standing, you loom over them, ready to attack. Sitting down at their level is not as scary. Talk softly, no sudden moves, they will come up to eat feed. Time and patience.

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, I smell like buck goat, dog shampoo and sweat and I'm covered in someone else's hair, but I did it! 😅 I shaved my first goat! Our own Huckleberry Finn got a huge makeover.
At first it was just going to be a date since I thought one of my does was in heat. He didn't seem interested and she was mad and uninterested, so we called off the date. I'd been wanting to give him a spring makeover for a few weeks to see what he looked like under all the hair, so I figured this was a good time to do it. We had him up by the house, why not? So with my two sisters help, I gave him a bath, dried him out, let him go for a snack walk in the weeds, then tied him up to the buck pen and got out my cheap Amazon clippers, which did a surprisingly good job. It was a lot of fun, and we all enjoyed it except him. Well, he enjoyed the extra snacks.
He was surprisingly chill. He's a very calm guy, gentle and sweet, which I'm thankful for. He didn't scream like my maniacal does do the moment they leave the pen for any reason. Anyways, without further ado, pictures! (He's almost a year old)

Before:
1000001872.jpg

After bath:
1000002172.jpg

After clipping!!!!!

1000002181.jpg

1000002174.jpg

1000002201.jpg

1000002194.jpg

1000002190.jpg

That was probably way too many pictures, but I guess I'm a little overly excited. 😂
I'm planning on doing my new doe Avon soon, but not my others.