A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, Our Farm is on again today (monday your time) .My special guest is SageHill and I am so looking forward to chatting to her on air.....This will be my last broadcast for some time as I prepare to confront a medical issue, the outlook seems ok and I have wonderful support around me both near and far. The treatment involves surgury and rest for about a month ,but I hope to restart the radio next year (maybe March) so I will be looking for guests to chat with .So if you know someone in the group who you think would be willing to be "on air" with me drop me a note.Their story does not need to be earthshattering because in reality every farmer has a story of their life on the land and the struggles we face every day. Hope you can join me later on or listen on the podcast.....T.O.R.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Damn! I have the time wrong again!!!!! Current time here is just before 8 PM and it is almost noon in OZ. So the show starts at 6 PM EST on Mondays.
Missed it :(
I will listen to the saved version when it gets put out.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, Our Farm is on again today (monday your time) .My special guest is SageHill and I am so looking forward to chatting to her on air.....This will be my last broadcast for some time as I prepare to confront a medical issue, the outlook seems ok and I have wonderful support around me both near and far. The treatment involves surgury and rest for about a month ,but I hope to restart the radio next year (maybe March) so I will be looking for guests to chat with .So if you know someone in the group who you think would be willing to be "on air" with me drop me a note.Their story does not need to be earthshattering because in reality every farmer has a story of their life on the land and the struggles we face every day. Hope you can join me later on or listen on the podcast.....T.O.R.
It was fun. 😊 short and sweet.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, last post I mentioned a medical issue and it appears that it is much worse than originally thought.

It's Prostrate Cancer and quite advanced and so the decision has been made to under go surgury on the 16 Janurary to remove the whole thing, I have been told that complete recovery for someone my age could be 12 months.

So my proposed visit to the USA will have to wait ,It was something I was so looking forward to,but it is what it is and so at this point it will be 2025. At this point of time my radio program may not return to mid-year something else I will miss doing.

I do wish all the folks at BYH a healthy and happy festive season.

BTW: the farm is looking fabulous after all of the rain, the stock are in as good a condition as I have ever seen and the growth is this seasons lambs has surprised even me. I will get some new photos and post thre first chance I get.

T.O.R.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get it taken care of! Prayers for the surgery to go well. DH had that - he had radiation and irradiated gold seeds implanted and hormone therapy. It was about a year for all of that. The PSA is now way down into ultra low levels and life is normal.
So glad your farm and stock are doing well! That’s definitely something to set your mind at ease.
Keep those updates coming!