Another displaced chicken addict

Leahs Mom

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@oldhenlikesdogs

Okay, now it's working. I think all of us BYC people posting are overwhelming this forum. It keeps doing strange things...like posting my last post 3 times while sitting in limbo for several minutes.

Leahs Mom

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Whoa! It worked. Just for that, you get a photo of some of my chickens working in the garden yesterday. I rigged up that tarp for hawk cover (in addition to my $5 dog house and a foot stool or 2).
DSC_0002.JPG

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It did it to me too. I guess this site isn't bigger if it's getting clogged with just a few members posting.

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you all for the information, and hey kdogg.

Now to try it. Hey how do I @ someone,:barnie I don't see that either, I must need new glasses, or eyeballs.

How are ya?

Hahahaha.... Now someone needs to tell me how in the heck to post a photo.

Photos you click on upload a file and choose your picture and you can choose thumbnail or full image. And i think you can also drag and drop images or copy paste or click the photo link for ones from a site (have to provide link)

Leahs Mom

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
And you can delete extra posts here....which you can only edit on byc.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Why yes I did.... and you used the @..... @oldhenlikesdogs
Yes I did. Thank you for that. Your chickens look happy.

I for some reason have no troubles with hawks. I watched 2 large ones yesterday circling over my bantams who were in the middle of the pasture, but the hawks just kept on flying by looking for mice I guess.

aart

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@aart
The "people you follow" is just a list of people you follow. The news Feed shows what they are posting.

Sigh.

I hope I still have a plain old "subscriptions" page when they open byc back up. The watched list doesn't give me the info that the subscriptions page does. On the byc subscriptions, I can see right away how many posts have happened since I last read. And if I don't get all the way through, it states what's left after the page that I last was on. Very simple and clean.

This one seems way more obscure.
Yep, know about 'following', just haven't ever used it on any forum.

There's an 'All Watched Threads' which works very similar to 'subscription list' on the old BYC.
But it doesn't work as well...doesn't automatically and constantly update.
I put it on a tab on my fav bar(laptop) to update.

upload_2017-5-12_20-43-31.png