Another displaced chicken addict

21hens-incharge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The Cochin I can take back to whence he came. Jake is a BA. Yup I went and named the little jerk!

Way to little chicken talk here and a few to many ornery mules too. Lots of folks up in arms about the chicken invasion. :p

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20170511_114607.jpg

Have I shared my new bunny Spook, a male lionhead.
IMG_20170511_114429.jpg

Who looks suspiciously like Pokey, my other lionhead.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The Cochin I can take back to whence he came. Jake is a BA. Yup I went and named the little jerk!

Way to little chicken talk here and a few to many ornery mules too. Lots of folks up in arms about the chicken invasion. :p
BA get to be big boys, best be rid of the clod, though I like clods. I like lots of chickens too, loud troublemakers like BYC folks.

21hens-incharge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Awwww! His little ears are so cute!!
AND...... He's solo fluffy!!! I think you chose well.

How is your little doe doing? I sure hope it is just from the move and she will right herself.

Yes he (Jake) is looking like he will be quite grand when grown. There is another I am watching too. No need to have neighbors upset about a crower.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pickles apparently needs her alfalfa still, I added it back in and her tummy came back. I read they should have it until about 9 months of age, but than read it was too rich so I stopped feeding it, so I added it back in and she looks better, though I could be imagining it.

IMG_20170511_114340.jpg

Look at that face, she's a sweetheart.
IMG_20170511_114455.jpg

IMG_20170511_114244.jpg

Dog tv.

On another note my hamsters needed to be separated. The fat one was beating up the little guy. I feel bad for him. His back is chewed up and he's limping on a back leg.

21hens-incharge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I read that about the dwarf hamsters. What a shame to have to separate them. The larger one is for sure a male? I read the females are larger then the males. I could be wrong as Google has lots of answers but lots are wrong answers.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I read that about the dwarf hamsters. What a shame to have to separate them. The larger one is for sure a male? I read the females are larger then the males. I could be wrong as Google has lots of answers but lots are wrong answers.
They are supposed to both be boys, some get along, some don't. No babies so they must be boys. The bigger one has always been dominant, but now he's turned mean to his brother, so no I have an upstairs hamster and a downstairs hamster.

21hens-incharge

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Lol condos? Now that is funny.

At least you got the one out of harms way before a fatal issue.

I am tempted to pick up a couple chicks for my first time broody BA. She is one of Bitty's kids from last summer so not even a year old!!
The feed store that will take the roo back is getting BA in next Friday. They offer one free chick in exchange for the oops. I will not just add one of course.

We are gonna be hot this weekend. I hope you get to dry out a bit and enjoy the outdoors more.

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lol condos? Now that is funny.

At least you got the one out of harms way before a fatal issue.

I am tempted to pick up a couple chicks for my first time broody BA. She is one of Bitty's kids from last summer so not even a year old!!
The feed store that will take the roo back is getting BA in next Friday. They offer one free chick in exchange for the oops. I will not just add one of course.

We are gonna be hot this weekend. I hope you get to dry out a bit and enjoy the outdoors more.
Get a few chicks in my honor. No sense in me being the only one with a few too many. I will figure it out in the fall.

We are gonna warm up too, than turn hot and back to rain. So a few days to get stuff done. I'm chancing it and planting my annuals, hopefully the frosts are behind us, but it seems I always get caught running around trying to cover stuff.

There has been 3 witches since the frogs have croaked, so I'm assuming I'm good to go. That Old wives tales haven't failed me yet.

aart

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Introverts social connections often happen online....now we're missing the interactions.
This too shall pass.....might pass like a large kidney stone, but it'll pass.

Had a hatching horror last night...worked out ok after an assertive assist tho.
Now have one more pip....they should really start pipping tomorrow.